Suggestion: Introduce boxes... with costumes only

Nicolyh

Posted this on reddit but guess i will post it here as well/

This is what I think would be a better (and more worthwhile) compromise regarding the rngboxes for players. 

Introduce costume boxes which only drops costumes. Such as a series of costumes per box set for seasons like halloween, summer, xmas etc. Maybe each box has 10 or so such seasonal costume items including headgears/capes etc. So each specific costume has now a 10% chance to drop instead of the shitty drop rates of current rngboxes. And maybe make each item become unavailable once you get it. So players know that they eventually get the costume item that they want.

This solves several issues.
1. The scummy cashgrab/greed/unfair feels 
2. Stuff don't flood the economy and screw it up. No p2w feels.
3. Players can buy the boxes knowing that eventually they will get the costume they want. This makes it fair. 

29 minutes ago, Nicolyh said:

Posted this on reddit but guess i will post it here as well/

This is what I think would be a better (and more worthwhile) compromise regarding the rngboxes for players. 

Introduce costume boxes which only drops costumes. Such as a series of costumes per box set for seasons like halloween, summer, xmas etc. Maybe each box has 10 or so such seasonal costume items including headgears/capes etc. So each specific costume has now a 10% chance to drop instead of the shitty drop rates of current rngboxes. And maybe make each item become unavailable once you get it. So players know that they eventually get the costume item that they want.

This solves several issues.
1. The scummy cashgrab/greed/unfair feels 
2. Stuff don't flood the economy and screw it up. No p2w feels.
3. Players can buy the boxes knowing that eventually they will get the costume they want. This makes it fair. 

How does it screw up the economy? I decided to see what the odds of getting stuff is.

So i bought 11 boxes, opened them all, and out of 11 boxes i got about 11 total soulstones. along with a couple of elements/jewel thingy's. No outfit, some dumplings and pots, and some premium pots. That was about it. Now tell me how an average of 1 stone a box will *cricket* up the economy?

1 minute ago, Sylvaeril said:

How does it screw up the economy? I decided to see what the odds of getting stuff is.

So i bought 11 boxes, opened them all, and out of 11 boxes i got about 11 total soulstones. along with a couple of elements/jewel thingy's. No outfit, some dumplings and pots, and some premium pots. That was about it. Now tell me how an average of 1 stone a box will *cricket* up the economy?

It has the possibility to mess it up when people with loads of money use it and get loads of moonwater stone and sell then etc.

4 minutes ago, Nicolyh said:

@Sylvaeril Okay I may be exaggerating here but the main point is about the rngboxes. Im no expert on in game economy but many were talking about how the price of soulstones has fallen. 

That's been happening since before the boxes... it happens as supply goes up and undercutting begins.

Just now, Madmidori said:

@364Tomorrows True, just was saying its a possibility. 

And you have to think that people only buy Moonwater stones if there's a demand for them. Most people don't just buy them on storage or something. So a lot of them are immediately used upon buying them. Sooo there's probably not gonna be a Moonwater trans stone inflation or whatever.

Archived