EU PING PLOX

SKEPTER

I heard alot of TRYHARDERS from NA started or re-made account on purpose on EU servers to get better ping advantage in PVP, since most of the EU players have around 200ms because ALL the server locations are in USA.

Athens, Georgia,  or Austin, Texas e.g.

(not going to clarify, also because not sure)

If you don't want to make us a server location in EU to get actually a playable ping, atleast make a damnit restriction and don't let players from USA play in our EU server? With a 10-30 ping range if not even better, compared to our 200ms ratio it's definitely an HUGE advantage for PVP.

Arena with like 200ms vs 200ms (e.g.) both from EU with crappy ping, even if delayed it's fair combat.

Infact i have a friend who knew we would not have our EU servers location and made it, and he feel alot of better playing from USA on our servers.

Im telling you about this only because i started and mostly care of PVP in this game and i feel this is unfair or WHATEVER WE CAN'T KEEP PLAYING WITH THIS SHITTY PING THX.

WE MUST BE SAVED.

1 hour ago, SKEPTER said:

I heard alot of TRYHARDERS from NA started or re-made account on purpose on EU servers to get better ping advantage in PVP, since most of the EU players have around 200ms because ALL the server locations are in USA.

Athens, Georgia,  or Austin, Texas e.g.

(not going to clarify, also because not sure)

If you don't want to make us a server location in EU to get actually a playable ping, atleast make a damnit restriction and don't let players from USA play in our EU server? With a 10-30 ping range if not even better, compared to our 200ms ratio it's definitely an HUGE advantage for PVP.

Arena with like 200ms vs 200ms (e.g.) both from EU with crappy ping, even if delayed it's fair combat.

Infact i have a friend who knew we would not have our EU servers location and made it, and he feel alot of better playing from USA on our servers.

Im telling you about this only because i started and mostly care of PVP in this game and i feel this is unfair or WHATEVER WE CAN'T KEEP PLAYING WITH THIS SHITTY PING THX.

WE MUST BE SAVED.

Until you got any confirmation that they actually get better ping than use.

That just speculation and placebo.

its  not a speculation, its clearly logic, european player connect from europe to an NA server, so they got automatically an higher ping compare to a person who is conected from NA, cause all the server , even the europe version of the server, are localized in usa.Nothing is speculation in this, its just the way that work.

More closer you are from the server lower ping you will have against pple connect from far distance like europe----usa is far than usa---usa, you win a big advantage by playing against euro player.

Ohh, so that why sometimes when I play Arena I feel like I have horrible lag vs some players when I don't see it in pve.  Now it all makes sense, well this changes things I have to now think hard if its even worth it to play BnS, no EU servers located in EU were the reason I stopped playing FFXIV.

It now makes sense why I get this horrendous lag in some Cross Server Dungeons, I'm connecting to the *cricket*ing US. Well you may have lost a customer NCsoft. I probably finish the story mission and say good by.

actually, what has been said in the past was that database is localized in na, while the actual playin servers are in frankfurt. Idk exactly how that works, nor I have a way to understand which one is my ping to the server, due to the fact when i open task manager i find out 7 different connections related to client.exe process, and those go from 50-60 ping till 250-300

1 minute ago, Jafon said:

actually, what has been said in the past was that database is localized in na, while the actual playin servers are in frankfurt. Idk exactly how that works, nor I have a way to understand which one is my ping to the server, due to the fact when i open task manager i find out 7 different connections related to client.exe process, and those go from 50-60 ping till 250-300

Yeah I noticed that as well. I've also read somewhere that we (EU players) connect to the US servers via another server here in the EU in order to reduce the ping. Not sure if that was true or not however.

The devs maybe should put up a sticky FAQ thread so these things do not get asked again and again, because even knowing the official reply post to this is there I am too lazy to use search function to dig it out. The gist was: All the log-in, sandbox and marketplace stuff is handled via an NA server, the actual gameplay is handled by servers standing in Frankfurt, Germany. The vast majority of EU players have ping <50 ms, which would be almost impossible if the game servers were physically in NA. Now if you experience a high latency, this might be a problem on your PC's or network's side.

I need my foil hat now.
Till players learn ill leave this foil hat theory in here

FOIL HAT THEORIES NOT MISTAKEN TO MOST LIKELYHOOD CASE WHY WE SEE THAT IP IS FROM NA

First: They're using servers in German just to route our traffic to gameservers with WTFast style and actual game servers are in NA. So they lied to us. Could explain my 50 latency majority of time while playing

Second: They just lied to us about having anything in German and everything is in NA but sadly that doesnt explain my 50 latency majority of time while playing

End of foil theories and now to most likely case.

As we know if we try to locate our own IP addresses it usually shows owner of those IP addresses which is our internet provider. So how does this have anything to do with this? Well its kind of same thing. NCsoft owns these ip addresses in EU while company is located at US which means while we try to search with their ip adresses we get location of NCsoft in US while actually ip is in German. Ofc this is just speculation too mut most likely be the case ofc you can roll your own foilhat and make your own theories. Also when usein tracert for server ip (atleast for me) just before reaching game servers tracert ends in Amsterdam. So its hard to believe that my connection would jump from Amsterdam to Texas without going any other route.

5 minutes ago, Shuchin said:

The devs maybe should put up a sticky FAQ thread so these things do not get asked again and again, because even knowing the official reply post to this is there I am too lazy to use search function to dig it out. The gist was: All the log-in, sandbox and marketplace stuff is handled via an NA server, the actual gameplay is handled by servers standing in Frankfurt, Germany. The vast majority of EU players have ping <50 ms, which would be almost impossible if the game servers were physically in NA. Now if you experience a high latency, this might be a problem on your PC's or network's side.

What he/she said. Also i wanna point out something about. Majority gets good latency time to time but its not stable. I've been monitoring it time to time and it can jump from 40-50 to 100-150 just for few seconds and then normalize. But thats somewhat expected with not 100% optimized servers and with peaks but nowdays its mostly good

7 minutes ago, Shuchin said:

The devs maybe should put up a sticky FAQ thread so these things do not get asked again and again

Yeah but with the amount of whining going on here they probably wouldn't be able to monitor all of them. That's probably why they don't even bother wit ha guideline and / or a FAQ sticky.

1 minute ago, Idolismo said:

Yeah but with the amount of whining going on here they probably wouldn't be able to monitor all of them. That's probably why they don't even bother wit ha guideline and / or a FAQ sticky.

FAQ / guidelines dont help. Yeah some players always know how to search their answer but sad truth of internet is that 99% of users dont usualy bother so they just make new thread and spent time typing instead of using search function :P

1 minute ago, Ninfu said:

FAQ / guidelines dont help. Yeah some players always know how to search their answer but sad truth of internet is that 99% of users dont usualy bother so they just make new thread and spent time typing instead of using search function :P

Aye that's what I'm saying. Even if one would just google something the chances are they'd be redirected to the forums with an answer waiting.

1 hour ago, Kahima said:

its  not a speculation, its clearly logic, european player connect from europe to an NA server, so they got automatically an higher ping compare to a person who is conected from NA, cause all the server , even the europe version of the server, are localized in usa.Nothing is speculation in this, its just the way that work.

More closer you are from the server lower ping you will have against pple connect from far distance like europe----usa is far than usa---usa, you win a big advantage by playing against euro player.

+

26 minutes ago, Idolismo said:

Here's a response from someone of the team

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/156092-actual-server-location/?do=findComment&comment=1538984

So there's that, the auth servers are located in the US however the servers that host the game are in Germany (for EU players of course).

Good to know.

I see mate but hosting a server does not mean that my packets don't go till there  and come back.. the german server you are talking about it's just a way in the middle that link me with the real server location. my packets have to go there and come back for sure it's worse than any american guy that play on EU serv.

1 minute ago, SKEPTER said:

I see mate but hosting a server does not mean that my packets don't go till there  and come back.. the german server you are talking about it's just a way in the middle that link me with the real server location. my packets have to go there and come back for sure it's worse than any american guy that play on EU serv.

From what I've gathered the real EU server location is, indeed, Germany, Frankfurt. No links in between aside from the auth server. So we are playing on the servers that are located in the EU.

1 hour ago, ssolitude said:

I play on EU, and I live in EU, and I have 30-50ping, this means any US player must have 100+ ping.

So which EU server are you talking about?

I play in Windrest EU and im from EU and my ping is 200 first exe and 60 the second.. ofc they are not very accurate but i don't know other methods to check unless with task manager.. because there is not settings to show ms in game like others do, and having around/ 200 ms in a game like this playing PVP is pretty bad when on other games i run 15-30ms.

9 minutes ago, Idolismo said:

From what I've gathered the real EU server location is, indeed, Germany, Frankfurt. No links in between aside from the auth server. So we are playing on the servers that are located in the EU.

Man ok then explain me how can i have around or less whatever 200 ms if the server is in german, when i usually play WoW and the server location where i play is in sweden.. im from italy so it's even more far but i run 20 30 ms in the busy hours of the day.

Hi,

I'd like to know as wel, how it is possible for me to have an avarage of 120ms in this game, while in any other game i have around 10 ms...
I have 200mbit down and 80 up, so its not the speed.. and not the provider because every other game i play ranging from cs 1.6, battefield, wow, diablo 3 (and some more atm.. but im not here for that list..) i get around 10 ms..

So before you tell me to get a better ISP, please enlighten me on how this is connected to my internet and not their settings?

For pve i dont really care about the ping, but in pvp, no matter what i try, no matter how i block, stun, or whatever im always behind because of the lag.

Oh.. In before Git Gud.

Edit: Since we want to know servers : Twin Fangs.

35 minutes ago, SKEPTER said:

I play in Windrest EU and im from EU and my ping is 200 first exe and 60 the second.. ofc they are not very accurate but i don't know other methods to check unless with task manager.. because there is not settings to show ms in game like others do, and having around/ 200 ms in a game like this playing PVP is pretty bad when on other games i run 15-30ms.

If people could start saying their server along with ping that would be helpful, since I suspect a lot of the high ping players are on windrest.

And from what I remember, windrest held a huge portion of the EU player base which might very well be the reason for why they are having ping issues now.

37 minutes ago, SKEPTER said:

Man ok then explain me how can i have around or less whatever 200 ms if the server is in german, when i usually play WoW and the server location where i play is in sweden.. im from italy so it's even more far but i run 20 30 ms in the busy hours of the day.

That's the question for the support team, there are plenty of people with ping less than 50ms playing from all over EU and then there are people who have the issues.

Im from EU 

EU server ping - avg 90

US server ping - avg 180 (very interesting that this value is exact double, but thats what it is)

Also we have confirmation that EU servers are located at Germany, and ip does not chance when you are in arena vs when you are in world. Therefore arena and PvE use same servers.

The real problem is how their servers handle big loads. While exact delay is probably less than 60 their servers take so long to handle events that actual delay becomes 90s to 120s and even 180s sometimes.

Normally a servers capacity is determined where even the longest calculation in worst possible situation wont take longer than 30 miliseconds. But NCsoft probably went cheap and said *cricket* it , as always

Edit : 30 is not "actual" number, its just up to company. But the number, even when its not 30, is a small one.

Archived