Flame palm tree

eonni

Asking opinion from people using Flame palm tree Tier 1 being the 'automatically detonates ember at 5 stacks' or the Tier 2 tree + Impact inflicting burn at 5 stacks of ember.

Which one do you use  and why one is better than the other one.

Also, to people that are using Flame palm + Impact burn. What do you do when there's another FM in party automatically detonating ember making it hard to impact and burn the enemy/mob/boss?

Impact is higher dmge

If one forcemaster is using auto detonate, it'll be a dps loss for every Fire FM in the party

That is fire FM's only real weakness .... having other FM's in the party

as they might be using auto detonate or just impact spam without having the right impact talent to cause burn.

Basicly with multiple FM's it's better to have a concensus about who will be detonating the ember stacks

Any FM who runs detonate obvious don't care about dps. Any good FM will be able to get the burn even with a baddie running the detonate lmb spec.

Besides the point, the entire reason to run impact burn build is for the nuke. If you run detonate spec, you are simply being lazy. Might as well afk and spam lmb.

11 hours ago, eonni said:

Asking opinion from people using Flame palm tree Tier 1 being the 'automatically detonates ember at 5 stacks' or the Tier 2 tree + Impact inflicting burn at 5 stacks of ember.

Which one do you use  and why one is better than the other one.

Also, to people that are using Flame palm + Impact burn. What do you do when there's another FM in party automatically detonating ember making it hard to impact and burn the enemy/mob/boss?

You are talking about the left mouse button, Blazing Palm? It should be tier4 stage2 for more dmg while enemy is burning. Auto-detonate is a no for dps loss, if someone else in the party auto detonates, u can ask them to change their spec, the only auto-detonates are LMB, if impact is on tier 3 stage 3 then dont worry because upon detonates, it inflicts burn. No one should be detonating anything in a group or party run, except in the cases when its impact 1 or fire X which doesnt matter anyway because those 2 is used to re-inflict burn.

Most Force Masters use Impact inflict Burn due to the nice damage increase. But it can be a pain trying to keep the burn up when other Force Masters either have Auto Detonate from Blazing Palm or just Impact that doesn't cause burn.

I think it should be common understanding among Force Masters that you shouldn't run Auto Detonate spec if you have other Force Masters in your party/group as it will result in a huge DPS loss. That being said, I don't fully understand the utility of Auto Detonate aside from being lazy enough not to use Impact. 

33 minutes ago, Infidel said:

Ok, I use impact a lot for the block.  Am I screwing up other FMs in party then?  I actually don't spec much in Flame Palm at all, skill points are pretty tight.

for iframe/block, you have q/e/ss/flower/veil/ice tab, which is quite a lot, if ur gona use impact, make sure its tier 3 stage 3, and if ur using flame palm which is blazing palm, it should be tier 4 stage 2 the one that does extra dmg on burn.

11 minutes ago, Eternalx said:

Example combo? 

Example rotation for burn build, i wouldnt say 100% accurate but u will get the idea.
R = RMB

L = LMB

RLX > RLV > RL2 spam till burn about to drop > RLZ to refresh burn > back to RL2 spam till burn about to drop > RL1 > back to RL2 spam till burn about to drop > refresh burn as earlier than spam RL2 again.
Focus recovery, RLC if fire or LRC or LRZ if ice etc...

Archived