Another possible fps fix

For two weeks I was having issues with low fps with my PC which had a i5 4670k overclocked to 4.2 and gtx970.  I tried every single fix people suggested.  Then I saw a post about amd processor users using only one core and overclocking it to increase fps so I thought maybe it would work.  I went into my  task manager and looked at affinity settings and there it was only one core being used.  I clicked use all cores then alt+tabbed back into game and watched my fps slowly go up all the way to 60.  So basically check to see if the game is using more than one processor.

vnS5Pr7.jpgQeFicov.jpg

another awesome thing that will help your fps until we get the new direct x 12 patch is playing in full screen no windowed mode.. I know sucks playing games like this if your constantly alt tabing to other thing while playing the game ... but ya deal with fps lag so you can have convenience or play full screen .

Hi there!

I am a computer tech-freak and i can tell you right away that these kind of things won't work.

Set priority has been tested and will help for some people but not "Unparking" or "Parking" CPU Cores.

That has been done automaticly by the PC now since Windows 8. 

Earlier we used a program to fix this in Windows 7 but again, not changing anything after Windows 8. 

5 hours ago, 00039 said:

It will if they are in the same boat as me and the game only runs on one core because windows had it set to one core

Hello there!

You probably read my thread about AMD. It's nice that you found a solution that worked for you. Some people have problems with low fps cause the game doesn't render well on multiple cores/threads, while others have superior fps by shutting down other cores in the BIOS manually. 

One thing I'm wondering though, the options inside " Set affinity" were they all unchecked or something? And which CPU are you using?

Archived