Repetitive Strain Injury - Dev Request

rub

The complexity of keyboard commands could potentially create a large percentage of users developing Repetitive Strain Injuries.

Having prepared a relaxed posture to the keyboard, I am having a higher degree of problems with Blood and Soul than I had experienced with Lineage 2 due to the over-complexity of key combinations.

Some thought to simplifying it in the future would be appreciated.

All of that said, I am wildly enthusiastic and committed to this game and am thankful to all of you.

For most classes it isn't really an issue. The only class that is IMO annoying is for the Destroyer, where animation canceling is actually a big deal. There are other classes that use animation canceling but I found destroyer to be the most gruesome on my hands.

Well i dont know what that is but i dont find the keys to be over complex key input wise, also im assuming thats an injury that involves movements of body parts in the same manner repetitively? If thats the cause dont u have the risk of having that in any game u play?

On 1/31/2016 at 11:02 AM, Lyrebon said:

You realise you can re-bind the keys to your liking, right? This is how all action-MMOs are, try playing Guild Wars 2 as a Chronotank and then complain about key commands.

Thanks for the advice about binds, I have programmed key sequences into my mouse.

On 1/31/2016 at 11:00 AM, dmoe33 said:

Well i dont know what that is but i dont find the keys to be over complex key input wise, also im assuming thats an injury that involves movements of body parts in the same manner repetitively? If thats the cause dont u have the risk of having that in any game u play?

This is quite true. The game I just left though, Lineage 2, didn't have as demanding of key combo's, as we would have rows of programmed key shortcuts on screen, there is some of that in this game, looking to see more in the future.

On 1/31/2016 at 8:57 PM, TheReefer said:

For most classes it isn't really an issue. The only class that is IMO annoying is for the Destroyer, where animation canceling is actually a big deal. There are other classes that use animation canceling but I found destroyer to be the most gruesome on my hands.

I'm pressing 5 keys a second in pvp unless the target is airborne or during a pummel, usually 12-14 different buttons over 4 seconds.

UNLESS THE SERVER LAGS LIKE HELL, THANKS BLIZZARD

Archived