Forums

Frustrating PvP & KFM is horrid to play

Osmosis

On 1/30/2016 at 10:44 AM, skydevil10 said:

That's gonna bite him the ass I can tell you that much. Once he reaches lvl 45 he's going to have a very hard time when he's matched up against actual lvl 45 plats and gold. I find it very weird that you can still get gold or plat before 45 because it puts you in a very bad situation once you reach 45. Its quite easy getting platinum before 45 cause you're matched up against those who possibly could have worse gear than you or unskilled since there are numerous players around your lvl at that point. 

Uh you know arena stats are equalized regardless of your level right?  And I played 45s when I was leveling my KFM....  I don't understand what you are trying to tell people here.

On 1/30/2016 at 10:16 AM, Osmosis said:

Anyone else find PvP utterly frustrating?  The amount of CC is just mind-boggling and frustrating.  You can literally be repeatedly chain CC'd by literally every class.  There are no diminishing returns, people can stun-lock you to death.  This is a MASSIVE problem, people will get frustrated and stop playing, getting repeatedly knocked up/down like a ping-pong ball is NOT fun.

There is also a massive disparity between classes for example KFM is just frustratingly difficult to play with people saying don't PvP on KFM until your level 45.  WHY? I can PvP on every single other class I'm levelling why not KFM?  KFM needs to be toned down so it's actually playable and usable for things like PvP when levelling.  IF you go into PvP on KFM at low levels 20+ then you will get straight up murdered.  It's such a frustrating class to play, I'm surprised anyone plays it at high level when you can do better with every other class.

Nope the PvP is great.  I just hit 45 with my KFM and he's gold.  I've only lost about 6 matches.  This is a fighting game.  It's about timing and studying your opponent and knowing class abilities and limitations.  Yes there is a lot of cc.  But there are also a lot of escapes.  You just use the wrong ones at the wrong times.  You don't have to break every stun.  Learn which ones lead into weak combos and just take the damage.

2 hours ago, Zastrow said:

even just level 30 i had a 6 winstreak on KFM they are hard to master, but boy are they fun and rewarding!

Sure, but I am speaking about FM not KFM. :P

I would love to have a KFM though, they seem really strong if played well.

On 30/01/2016 at 8:24 PM, DankDuck1 said:

There's a reason why KFM had a 4.5 star difficulty rating...

Also you can't really complain about PvP until you're max level and have all your skills...

actually, we can complain a lot now, and stop complaining at level 50+5HM since the skills we are using atm are balanced around having talent points from that level , another thing why KFM sucks so bad vs SIN right now , we don't have enough points, but they can take infinite stealth already

25 minutes ago, Lishk said:

To be honest I win most of matches vs Sins, they are very easy for my KFM on gold ELO.. I almost never loose to anything except summoners and force masters. The cc spam is too damn high.

tbh at my measly 1700 rating i win most of them vs sns too, because they are potato players that don't think ahead at all and just got there coz they're annoying enough to make ppl ragequit  

but every now and then a skilled one shows up, and that's gg :/

2 hours ago, Lishk said:

To be honest I win most of matches vs Sins, they are very easy for my KFM on gold ELO.. I almost never loose to anything except summoners and force masters. The cc spam is too damn high.

Then you are fighting some shitty sins... The good ones are TOUGH to fight.

Also you have a lot of tools to break free from the CC of a FM, just need to spec right I suppose.

1 minute ago, kuro1n said:

Then you are fighting some shitty sins... The good ones are TOUGH to fight.

Also you have a lot of tools to break free from the CC of a FM, just need to spec right I suppose.

Dunno I've never had any problems with Sins. They are just free kills if they go for you just TAB to daze them go 100-40 and just finish them off easily. With force masters it's pure cancer. Even if you break out of cc you get cc'd instantly after 0.5s so :l

4 minutes ago, Lishk said:

Dunno I've never had any problems with Sins. They are just free kills if they go for you just TAB to daze them go 100-40 and just finish them off easily. With force masters it's pure cancer.

I'm playing FM and I usually try to play the freezes smart, CCing people as long as possible but good KFMs gets out and then stuns me and start their massive combos. I got 100-0d yesterday twice by the same guy. It is very much possible for a KFM to do this. Although I do not know what kind of rank you are, I've found that most low rank FMs are just spamming freeze and if you don't manage to block enough of the RMBs you get frozen quickly.

11 minutes ago, kuro1n said:

I'm playing FM and I usually try to play the freezes smart, CCing people as long as possible but good KFMs gets out and then stuns me and start their massive combos. I got 100-0d yesterday twice by the same guy. It is very much possible for a KFM to do this. Although I do not know what kind of rank you are, I've found that most low rank FMs are just spamming freeze and if you don't manage to block enough of the RMBs you get frozen quickly.

I'm gold atm it's not high but that's a good starting point to get better (ノ^_^)ノ

It's hard for me to do any serious damage to FM because I'm freezed for 80% of the duel and even if I get to him and start doing combo he just breaks out and throws me away or just chain cc again. To engage on him I have to break out from CC so I no longer have anything to break out from second one.  FM is the worst matchup for me so far. I win almost every game vs any class that isn't force master or summoner.

I'm going to practice a lot to get better with KFM but for now it's pure cancer for me as I said ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

14 minutes ago, Lishk said:

I'm gold atm it's not high but that's a good starting point to get better (ノ^_^)ノ

It's hard for me to do any serious damage to FM because I'm freezed for 80% of the duel and even if I get to him and start doing combo he just breaks out and throws me away or just chain cc again. To engage on him I have to break out from CC so I no longer have anything to break out from second one.  FM is the worst matchup for me so far. I win almost every game vs any class that isn't force master or summoner.

I'm going to practice a lot to get better with KFM but for now it's pure cancer for me as I said ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Spar a lot with FMs and learn combos, that is the only way to get better vs some matchups you have problem with. :)

I actually really enjoy the combo-based PvP.  When you're just mashing faces against someone else spamming your highest damage rotation, it isn't as interesting.  When you get punished for getting caught out, or punish someone for making a mistake, it feels impactful.

Don't change, BnS.  There are too many games already that fill the "slam around at each other with a CC or two" niche.

1. KFM is very powerful in the right hands. Learn to use the class or don't play it. Don't *cricket* here that you can't play it properly.

2. There were gold/plat KFM's at lvl32-36.

3. The only reason those lousy plebs claim KFM isn't viable until 45 is because your build is missing 1 skill in its CC lock/3RF combo that's unlocked at 45. Even still it isn't necessary (refer to #2)

4. Stop bitching here about class balance thinking that anything is going to change on the NA version. Our updates are following every single one of the KR updates. If you don't like it, don't play B&S.

I'm so frustrated with this class. I really want to play KFM, I really do. I really like the combat in the game and I think it's so cool. But I'm soooo bad and I lose so much even after 200+ games. I just lost to a KFM 8 levels below me! And yeah, I'm 45, it's cool, it helps... but I'm just so bad I don't know if I can stick it out =(

Archived