Mail system and the storage system?

Wolfenlokie

can anyone tell me why the mail system is locked behind a message that says "your are required to charge your NCoin at least once to send mail."when the the other day I bought a prepaid ncoin card pack that is 8000 ncoin worth and applied it to my account for blade and soul? I feel one that the mail system is a feature that should NEVER have been locked behind something so rediculas as a charge to get access to use.there is maybe only 1% of the MMO's out there that locks the basic mailing system behind a cash wall! and for thew other question I have is when does the storage system open up because I really like to transfer some item for other character I have that are on the same server.this feature should have been open from day one whats up with that?

3 minutes ago, Houlon said:

Charging to send mail is a deterrent for gold sellers. 

You get access to storage in the first village after the tutorial.

ok so bamboo village unlock the storage ...is there a particular NPC i have to talk to? and as far as the gold sellers there other ways of deterrent that could been implamented. one method that could have been used is a currency exchange system that let players with money to burn to buy ingame currency directly this would kill the gold selling side of the gold/powerleveling/rare item selling companies. this would let other players have the ability to mail a letter to a friend that is offline without haveing this wall that keep you from useing the mail other then the reception of items from the cash shop or the spin board. I just wonder why my mail system is still locked behind that you much charge ncoin at least once thing when it is obvious that I did useing the prepaid NCoin game card it is the same thing as the coins paid with direct credit card or paypal.

The NPC is a dragon trader, they will have Vault/marketplace etc under their name and will be stood in front of a display.

As for gold sellers each company uses different ways to combat it, NC decided this was their way.

7 minutes ago, Houlon said:

The NPC is a dragon trader, they will have Vault/marketplace etc under their name and will be stood in front of a display.

As for gold sellers each company uses different ways to combat it, NC decided this was their way.

so the Vault/marketplace npc opens up the storage that lets you trade item with other characters on the same account and server like the shared stash box in a few other games?

It's your personal storage for that character, there is no shared storage it's all character specific but you will need to use that NPC to send mail and to also receive mail without the charge fee.

If you need to trade items you have to mail them and those items need to be tradable.

9 minutes ago, Wolfenlokie said:

so the Vault/marketplace npc opens up the storage that lets you trade item with other characters on the same account and server like the shared stash box in a few other games?

items you can trade can be given you other characters by mailing them .. yes this costs in game money ..

not sure HOW i feel about it as it is annoying but is a security feature as well .. 

just one of those features that is different with a different game

It's your personal storage for that character, there is no shared storage it's all character specific but you will need to use that NPC to send mail and to also receive mail without the charge fee.

If you need to trade items you have to mail them and those items need to be tradable.

oh the items i have are tradeable but this goes back to the mail problem I seem to have where the mail even standing at an NPC that open your personal storage I can't send any mail because of that request to charge my NCoin at least once.

If you have charged it and it's still locked then it must be a bug. 

I think someone else had that issue and was told to logout and back in. Don't know if they ever got it resolved though.

I'm a founder and everything was ready to go for me so I haven't had to do it so never encountered any problems, It may be bugged as you got a prepaid and didn't buy through them the first time, I don't know.

5 minutes ago, Kensho1996 said:

items you can trade can be given you other characters by mailing them .. yes this costs in game money ..

not sure HOW i feel about it as it is annoying but is a security feature as well .. 

just one of those features that is different with a different game

I agree on the mail being a bit wierd. but I remember reading that B&S was supose to have a seperate storage that was a shared box and it was discribed by NCsoft as such so you could trade items to your alterative characters on the same account. later on they had announced a feature that will be comeing down the pipe that was a mailing system that would let you trade account bound items even across servers but that ones not yet here. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get the shared storage to open so that I could get item traded since all my characters was on the same server

If you have charged it and it's still locked then it must be a bug. 

I think someone else had that issue and was told to logout and back in. Don't know if they ever got it resolved though.

I'm a founder and everything was ready to go for me so I haven't had to do it so never encountered any problems, It may be bugged as you got a prepaid and didn't buy through them the first time, I don't know.

hmmm it maybe forceing me to use paypal or credit/debit at least once on the main sites for that then. ty 

I understand what was told to me I just mention what I had read on the NCsoft site as one of the feature of the game when I read it that does not mean that a feature listed doesn't make the cut when the game goes live do to some technical problems in getting it to work right and it doesn't mean that it is completely gone it could be reimplamented later on. so please when you jump in and make a comment with the somebody already told you bit when there only been 3 people talking and your the 4th. it says you did not read carefully enough what I had said.

Telzen if you want to participate in a conversation that not makeing it feel like your saying your question is already answered stupid then I would be glad to talk because I do like to learn more on this game then what I already know through trial and error. and as the storage bit I wanted to know these thing because there are icon in game that are greyed out even when in the vault and the vault has 2 tabs that I have come across one is called basic and the other is secondary neither is called storage even though the greyed out storage icon can be found under your personal inventory right next to the sort item button and with that icon would indicate a storage feature that could have been the feature I was talking about that i read on the NCsoft site.

Archived