Currency Exchange

Mighty

Hello

I'd like to know when Currency Exchange will open.

As a F2P, I'd love to have this asap so I can buy more character slots to try the different classes (which on the other hand could make me want to buy costumes for those, thus spending money for NCSoft).

On the other hand, people who buy gold from gold sellers want to turn real-life currency into in-game currency. Seeing there is no currency Exchange, the only way to do this is feed the bots/spammers. If the Currency Exchange would open, some of those players could resort to it to get their gold.

Finally, implementing this could mean we don't have a 5 hour maintenence every other day to try a new "hotfix against bots", as their population would decrease due to the reduced number of buyers.

Win-win situation?

I really want this feature, but who knows when they will release it. I know they put it on hold to wait until the economy 'balances out'. But I think things are getting pretty stable, and they should hopefully release it soon. Only time will tell.

Hmm, what if you don't exchange ingame currency to hongmoon coins, but something else that actually 'requires' an effort?

For example, doing heroic dungeons gives you 1 'token' which can be redeemed for a hongmoon coin, but only is a part of the daily quests for heroic dungeons.

If you can't trade by 'value'. Then trade by effort, or other forms.

Oh make the token bound to the account, and can't be sold for copper.

Bots might 'farm' cross-server heroic dungeons by simply running it as a bot party though, so you'd need something that randomizes the dungeon so even bots can't beat it.

Maybe make it so the minimum level to get the token, is lv30 dungeons?

Lv30~35 = 1 token

Lv35-40 = 2 tokens

Lv40-50 = 3 tokens

I'd like to see something along the lines of making venture tokens tradable and available in the cash shop. Nerf the drop rate or remove it entirely from dailies if bots spamming them are a concern, in the end it'll still give f2p players a easier way at HM coins. Plus it keeps all the money in NCSoft's pocket.

inb4 "pay2win"

1 minute ago, Smallpox said:

I'd like to see something along the lines of making venture tokens tradable and available in the cash shop. Nerf the drop rate or remove it entirely from dailies if bots spamming them are a concern, in the end it'll still give f2p players a easier way at HM coins. Plus it keeps all the money in NCSoft's pocket.

inb4 "pay2win"

Why? Venture tokens are used to obtain Hongmoon Coins which you get when you buy from the Currency Exchange instead of NCoin, that doesn't make any sense to buy Hongmoon Coins from the NCoin shop just to buy from the secondary Cash Shop...

6 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

Why? Venture tokens are used to obtain Hongmoon Coins which you get when you buy from the Currency Exchange instead of NCoin, that doesn't make any sense to buy Hongmoon Coins from the NCoin shop just to buy from the secondary Cash Shop...

Oh woops, misread the original post. Yeeeeeah in that case, ignore my first post entirely. rip

41 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

Actually, if you read the whole ToS that splashes after the game's intro, it says that NCSoft intends to do exactly this at some point in the future.

25 minutes ago, Anjon said:

Actually, if you read the whole ToS that splashes after the game's intro, it says that NCSoft intends to do exactly this at some point in the future.

Where? I don't see it anywhere. Also that doesn't make sense for them to announce that they'll be adding something through the terms, all I see is that any moment they have the right to make Hongmoon Coins available through any means as well as delete them.

Edit: Also the pop-up when you enter the game is the UA/User Agreement

Archived