Doing dungeons as assassin

MyJuwol

I'm 34 and I see a bunch of assassin class people doing hard dungeon's by themselves. But, I die every time if I don't have a party of 3 or more. What am I doing wrong?

What skills should I put points into in my martial tome?

Hi there, 

You want to get all the skills that extend stealth or help you get back in to stealth. As long as you're invisible nothing will aggro you. Get Shadow Drain on your 1 key, the stealth upgrade on your 3 swiftstep and upgrade your Spinal Tap to reduce shadow drain CD. At level 42 you will get a new kick on your tab that puts you into stealth if hit on a poisoned target, so the thrown mine and poison breath are used here to get you back into stealth if you lose it. Until then you rely on decoy, shadow dash and possibly the smoke bomb upgrade to your shuriken. Be aware losing the shuriken can be annoying for general questing though as it leaves you without a ranged attack to pull mobs. 

Once you unlock lightning rod on your 4 and upgrade your F with the 3rd column you can pretty much stay in stealth indefinitely and do awesome damage unless you have annoying teammates doing aerial combos. 

Good luck! 

1 hour ago, Deathshade said:

Oh Ill second the annoying teammates with aerial combos thing... When will people realise that Aerial combos in group play is huge dps loss even besides the fact that it simply *cricket*s up certain class(es) rotations. 

There's a special place in hell for people who initiate aerial combos in dungeons. >_<

I always cringe and feel so bad when I accidently aerial combo haha.  My filler attack initiates it, so when a window licking destroyer launches them up I fly up and play patty-cake.

(nothing against destroyers, but they seems to launch and hug and run away all the time for no reason, so that's directed at the select few)

9 hours ago, Deathshade said:

Oh Ill second the annoying teammates with aerial combos thing... When will people realise that Aerial combos in group play is huge dps loss even besides the fact that it simply *cricket*s up certain class(es) rotations. 

Bads will be bad. It's unlikely they will ever actually learn to play WITH a group, just going to continue to do what makes them laugh.

I've making an Assassin to do more soloing, which I can already do with my Summoner, but Assassins are better at soloing in dungeons. 

You just need to be patient and upgrade your items and mostly importantly have the right skills. Just check out videos on youtube and such of Assassins farming dungeons to see how it's done.

6 hours ago, Crum1515 said:

(nothing against destroyers, but they seems to launch and hug and run away all the time for no reason, so that's directed at the select few)

I just REALLY like uppercutting a monster 16x bigger than me high into the air, and then jumping up, stabbing my scythe through its stomach and Zangief-Spinning-Piledriving it back into the ground. It just feels great every time.

Archived