Make gold trading require premium.

NueHoujuu

Random suggestion that'll kill gold selling bots.

I know this idea will get a lot of salt but it works well in some MMORPG where you can generally do well on your own with getting gear and whatnot.

Not that I know how it is in max level content yet.

7 minutes ago, Roughtapis said:

They should make a newbie chat channel for below level 10 or 15, cant enter dungeon or faction chat before that level, i dont think the gold spammer would take the time to level up to spam their shits

of course they do!

Happened in other games and will happen to any game that requires a level to speak to a global channel. Even Wildstar tried to stop URLs from being posted and the spammers started to use characters to build letters, like \/\/ \/\/ \/\/ and [ () /\/\

This will only make it worse, people will complain that things are being taken away that should of been in there by default, not some membership.

Look from the point of someone else, like F2P players, not only premiums.

Besides bots has premium too, won't solve rats shit.

Stupid idea and hope it never gets picked up.

They should add a "save all history text". Change the option or add a new option to report like "Report as gold spammer"... if more than 2-3 users report the guy as gold spammer. The report will be sended.

Now when the user click in "Report as gold spammer",  a copy of the last String he wrote in chat will be added inside the report... maybe as .txt file or whatever. This only to prove they are gold spammers, since I've seen players who are saying "I'm getting banned". So the GM's / staff / moderators, etc, can see if they are getting something in the history text, or in the reports easily.

Next... a program to read Strings like www. / gold / cheap / etc. etc.... should be called when the report of "Report as gold spammer" is sended to BnS support.. The program should read the whole strings as lowercase... "without case sensitive" then compare with a substring or string2 if they contain such strings inside the original string. If 1 or 2 matches, then send something to internal BD and disconnect that user. Or ban him. In case of errors, the support can get the history text and the reportasgoldspammer.txt "last string when he was reported".

Sorry maybe I can explain it better, but I'm spanish user, I'm not good at english at all.

I hope there are moderators who log-in to all servers to check who are gold-spammers.

And they have a good power to immediately ban them from the game.

Gold spammers need premium and time to grind to LVL 15. If they keep buying premium to spam in channels, it's fine :D We get upgraded, thank gold spammers.

You guys are write, I got ahead of myself.

Minimum requirements will not stop gold spammers if/because they have the technology or willing humans to create throwaway accounts with those minimum requirements.

If gold sellers are making a profit at all, the cost of premium will not bother them.

While I might be willing to have a job out of permasilencing gold bots based on reports, nobody will offer that job or do that job as far as I can tell.

Automated chat detection, if any game had something like that that actually worked perfectly, this wouldn't be a problem.

21 hours ago, Rhinala said:

There are better solutions like the system automatically delete posts with the keywords like  www, gold, .(dot), cheep.

That wont work, if it deletes the words gold, or cheap, then it could actually harm legitamate people looking for trades. or sell stuff

2 minutes ago, Sylvaeril said:

Because they will just find ways around it and make shortlinks to redirect people.

Ahh true, even so just ban links in general? im sure NC can come up with some sort of system that can detect links or even bots for that matter and ban them. Also what IS a solution which is kinda a half arsed one is having 2-3 ish gms sitting where all the bots are and banning them, not really reasonable but it IS technically a solution  

3 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

Ahh true, even so just ban links in general? im sure NC can come up with some sort of system that can detect links or even bots for that matter and ban them. Also what IS a solution which is kinda a half arsed one is having 2-3 ish gms sitting where all the bots are and banning them, not really reasonable but it IS technically a solution  

They can use special characters to get around any automated systems. And then also it blocks those in game clans who may have exernal websites as well.

1 hour ago, Sylvaeril said:

They can use special characters to get around any automated systems. And then also it blocks those in game clans who may have exernal websites as well.

I mean just block it in the chat they can keep it in like clan desc (if there is one idk much about clans) also i know about the ways they can get around certain systems but if they can detect macros then can it be so hard for them to detect links to botting websites? like if a certain character links a website more then 3 times in like 5 mins (numbers outta nowhere) then it buts a big alert on them in which they can see. The ppl at NC are smart im sure they can come up with something regardless of anyone elses opinions 

Special characters are easy to strip/remove from messages.

But detecting messages like \/\/ \/\/ \/\/ d0t g00gl3 d0t c0/\/\ are hard to differentiate from nonsense and actual websites.

Even a chat flooding limiter that gives you incrementally increasing mutes starting at 30 seconds to 1 minute to 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 minute mutes that automatically happen if you spam too much and too fast would help.

Well. Then bots will limit themselves to only send a message every X seconds to not get muted. It can slow them down if done right.

Archived