Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Blackn3d said:

Just saying that NC are aware of the problem and they will fix it. Meanwhile blocking spammers in chat will help. I did disable region and faction chat.

I suppose. I'm just honestly worried about queues and some dumb mmo-noob thinking they can cut corners and getting effed.

On 1/23/2016 at 9:41 PM, Froggyman said:

Considering I have been aware of their plans to localize the game...four YEARS ago, i would say a lot of time and effort actually went into this release. I understand people are mad about the bots, and I also understand that NCSoft doesn't have the best record in that regard, but just hear me out a second.

Let's say they did what you said and hired a few people per server to manually get rid of some of the bots. Keep in mind that bot spamming, and bots farming are two different issues we are talking about here, and are achieved very different ways. As far as I can tell, the game only has an issue with bot SPAMMING, meaning a script meant to advertise. Bot SPAMMING is harder to control because it is so much easier for the offender to do, than it is for the defender to fix.

Example. All those toons you've seen in the videos and gifs showing bots with stupid or keyboard smash names popping in and then immediately spamming, None of it is done mechanically. And I mean none of it. From account creation to loading a toon in, picking a class, and even guiding it through the tutorials and to the starter town, ALL of it is put on a script that a computer will run over and over again. Banned? New email, account, login, char, tut, bam, back in town, spamming away.  Now imagine that said computer can do that more than once, and can even tell when it needs to make another account WITHOUT any help from a human.

Now explain to me how a couple of poor souls are supposed to combat that? Should I ask ol' Henry to take on the machine again, wot? (yeah like, two people are gonna get that) Point is, that isn't going to help.

They COULD do several things about it though, and they should, and I believe they will. For starters, they could add a simple spam check so that they could only send so many messages in a certain amount of time. To make it a real problem solver and not just a quick fix, they could add an auto-kick function as well, meaning if you tried to post more than twice after having already been told to wait a few seconds, it kicks you. There does not exist a bot that wouldn't currently be removed by such a feature, yet it would only kick bots (and really spammy people 

who

talk like

this

for whatever

reason.

That's like five dings, for one, and yeah, multiple sentences are better. But I digress, there definitely needs to be a dynamic system in play, but you're only help is something automated, no human could stop the influx of bots, and we shouldn't try to. There are far better methods.

As annoying as bot spammers are, they are in my eyes. A fraction of a concern versus bot farmers. My greatest issues are with bot farmers and while less than apparent, There has been reports in low level areas. There are also claims of teleport hacks to farm quartz nodes and the likes. While I've not personally seen them yet since I rarely go to low level zones now, I've personally witnessed how devastating bot chain farming can be to a game. Refer to games like Age of Wushu, or if you want even worse, look at China games, literally thousands of bots picking clean anything that is worth money. I've noted this before and I shall note this again, this creates a destructive vicious cycle where ordinary folks will have very little to compete against bot farming. Money is earned through the farming through marketplace/auction. Then sold to players who some may feel forced, to buy to stay relevant in a game's progression. Whilst this situation in many MMOS, especially western ones aren't that BIG a deal? Whereby most endgame stuff are done through looting of dungeon bosses and gear that is usually 'Bind on pick up?" We see a bigger problem here in BnS.

Crafting IS your progression. You can't possibly go any stronger without crafting. Be it you are offering something back to the market or your clan in trade for transformation stones or other stuff. Or if you are actually making said stones yourself. Now we are only looking at level 45 content here, the upgrades for stuff past 45 is even more absurd in terms of cost and requirement in materials. Sure, you can farm soul stones through pvp dailies, sure you can get other stuff through dungeons but there will be things like Transformation stones, where at this point you either pay 10g for ONE stone. Or find some way to farm the required mats for it. For example say, Quartz, 1 to 3 hour respawn per node which gives 1 to 3 quartz.

Now if said reports are true, that there are bot farms on low level areas for said quartz. It's just a matter of time before they start covering over the high level zones, if they hadn't already, you are looking at gold farmers capable of fully halting many players progress. 

I am not in any way saying that we should ignore bot spammers. They are in every way, annoying as *cricket* all, and we all know well enough there's no way to stop players from actually buying gold. We can scream all we want but there's a silent majority buying it. If there isn't a market, there isn't so many companies thriving off such. 

You are right, it's an F2P Game, a banned bot can just make an account. IP ban/Mac Ban a few things that could hinder them, then there's the BIG PICTURE we are looking at.

Nguard. It's entire purpose is to stop exploits, and it does jack squat. I'm no scientist or genius to figure a way around such but we all know there are games with minimal bot spamming/farming issues, if it's possible to do, it is possible to do.

I am not asking for a complete clearance of bots, it is generally, at this point impossible. But if left alone and completely untouched, this shit will fester into a game ruining plague. Which is my biggest, and worst fear cause like you I've waited four years. Heck, I've played KR/JPN/ATOMIX just to tide over every now and then before this had released and I sure as hell don't want to see this game ruined because a company doesn't give two shits. The biggest irony of it all, is that just before this wave of bot spammers got bad players are the ones being wrongly banned at launch. I don't want to seem like a jerk, but this looks to me like something is seriously flawed. Be it with the people handling such things, nguard, or ncsoft. Regardless, I want this game to work out and I may seem frustrated and perhaps jaded by many years of game company bullshits over various mmos not to mention personal experience of how bad asian games can get with bots. Regardless, point is, all of it comes from the passion I have for this game, and a love for it I believe many of us share.

Implement a level requirement for faction chat and dragonspire party.

Faction chat has litirally stopped existing since today because of the spammers.

I was thinking of setting up a server specific IRC but getting people to use that is a pain.

People saying: "block them and move on..."

WTF!?

So i have to use a tool to block toxic players who i dont want to talk with/whisper to block a bot? And of course, why i have to waste my time blocking this bots? Thats supposed to be a game to have fun, not to get a bad time chatting.

Really, every player who suggest some ideas to "fix" that is like putting a bandage in a broken leg... Lets be honest, a F2P game will have bots, the point is to battle them with nice, efficient and fast tools. if i report a spammer, should be banned in not more than some minutes. If NCSoft wnat to win this war, they should put more people working on that problem.

Put a counter, if X players report him as a spammer, preventive ban and move on!

And let people report bots in DUNGEON LOBBY/ARENA LOBBY! OMFG

The block list size dosn't help, sure, it'll help somewhat but with the sudden influx of the bots in faction chat is way too much to deal with. If level to join the faction was raised closer to the point of the first faction mission, as in jadestone area, it'll be alot longer for bots to take effect, other than just level 4.

1 minute ago, MewmewGirl said:

The issue is our Block List is limited.  It fills up quick blocking the spammers and then we have to go delete old ones 1 by 1 to make room.

Give us a much much bigger Block List and that should help a lot.

that wont solve the problem more and more bots comming and more and more players w8 to get into the server with that allot of pissed off players 

Guild wars 2 is also or was a part of NCsoft why is there almost none spammers there ?? 

a beter chat system ??

About 20 minutes ago, the cerulean chat was take over by the bots in poharan, i just filled the blocklist 3 times, and gave up and turned it of... I hope NC is working on a counter measure against the bots. I think a simple capcha when you logged in would mitigate this problem.

General/Area Chat is turned off in any new game I play. Its the first setting I adjust. Even without Spammers, the conversations typically border on ridiculous. Guild, Trade, Group, Tell/Whisper, Faction are all that are really necessary in any typical game unless one is only playing to socialize.

3 minutes ago, BojanS said:

Like i said, faction chat shouldnt be alowed to be owerflowed with bots. Whats the point then to have factions...?

bots figure out faction chat you can reach more players like region chat that area based 

so the bots lvl up till you can pick a faction and bam lets flood the chat with our mony -.-

Restricting faction chat to high levels will just force bots to grind level with a bot program, that wont help.

Anyway, to read what people say in faction chat, i think i prefer bot spam.

If i buy now some gold from bots, i will be banned? im asking this because NCSoft seems to allow them to spam his beautiful web pages, seems they let you buy externally.

ofzy1k.jpg

seriously, I can't block them all..

2 suggestions

1. give some dedicated players some cool clothes or something and make them mods who can only ban people from talking in chat.

2. people who have more than 10 reports for spamming automatically gets their chat disabled

Archived