Founders Pack

JaysonL

During launch day, I heard about this game and started playing and enjoying most of it. Now, I found out that there was something called founders pack. I will be specifically talking about the master pack. As someone who just found out about this game, I felt that missing the pack by a few days to be devastating on my decision to switch from being a f2p player to a premium player. As someone who won't settle for eventually getting rank 9-10 as a premium member, I feel that missing out on the Master pack a little too hard to even start as a premium member. Buying into the game with the in-game shop now feels really like a huge loss. And the 2 new signature packs seems like a terrible joke compared to the founder's packs.

I have looked into master pack codes from 3rd party sellers and they have all been going for about $200+ and I have been seriously considering it. Its not as much value as it would have been if I got it for $125 but it still feels a heck of a lot better than buying the signature packs.  I was just wondering if there are any other alternatives to this. It just seems to me like a illogical idea for them to remove founders pack before the game even launched. I mean a week or 2 after launch would be understandable. And this period is pretty much when the game gets the most publicity and when most people decide to quit or keep playing and spend into their accounts. Unless I end up buying a master code from a 3rd party, the bitterness and salt I feel from this is probably going to keep me from playing this game for too long as a f2p player. If any one can share what they think I should do, please. I would much appreciate it.

Regarding that part where you said that removing founders packs after game launch... Well that's how things work in ANY game. There are always such packs that gives nice stuff for quite the price before game launches. Some stuff you get there is unique in the game (in this case costumes and weapon skins together with titles) so this makes a lot of sense lol.

I think it was generous enough for them to be selling founders packs during headstart

It worked 100%. Super happy and excited. Still kinda disappointed with NCSoft for this but all is good. 

If you look at another one of their games like Guild Wars 2, the digital deluxe and ultimate editions are still available to this day. I believe there was a small bonus for pre-ordering but it was very small if anything. I suppose this is the new norm but I feel that its a terrible decision to pull the packs right when a decent chunk of people started and would be interested because of it.

9 minutes ago, JaysonL said:

It worked 100%. Super happy and excited. Still kinda disappointed with NCSoft for this but all is good. 

If you look at another one of their games like Guild Wars 2, the digital deluxe and ultimate editions are still available to this day. I believe there was a small bonus for pre-ordering but it was very small if anything. I suppose this is the new norm but I feel that its a terrible decision to pull the packs right when a decent chunk of people started and would be interested because of it.

Glad for you that code worked!
Well GW2 is p2p game (well I know it's f2p, but you need to buy expansions so....) and it's completely different business models. When I said any game, I meant with same, 100% f2p game (where you for free can explore whole continent without needing to buy expansions or something like that).

Archived