So about the "Mage" classes.

Frostfire2k

If these weren't in the game i don't think i'd have any complaints about the pvp at all- its perfect. The issues are forcemaster and summoner. In game design its always a pretty good idea to consider what's fun and whats not.

Whats fun is having a fighting game which remains consistent throughout its own design. From an arena standpoint, there's a sense of strategy and tactic, plays and counter plays. In open world, its a chaotic clashing of blades... - well, for the most part.

Until the summoner hits the field with his cat which not only proves one of the most annoying assets of the game but also- without intent, completely ruins my combo's since the cat is in the way of the combo target. Either way it really sucks to search an arena match and fight a flower-beam spamming class with a pet. I don't think anyone is ever happy to be fighting a summoner.

Force master is tolerable but still a major WTF. Obviously there's some strong influences going on in the force master class *Freeze mage* cough. As far as melee classes go, im sure (especially assasins) are really unhappy being frozen in place, even if this is part of a combo and fits the combo *disable* criterea.

And as for tag teams- these two classes dominate. There is no substitute. The summoner with its ability to lock down with ease and the force master capable of dishing out immense burst at a distance can truly undermine any arena match. I think i'd be fine with any mirror match up- but imagine if we had a year or two of summoner finals or forcemaster finals. Ask yourself- would this (from an outside perspective) be a true representation of the game? I don't think so. 

Instead of adding mage classes they could have added a vast number of classes- but i guess they went for quantity over quality on those guys. 

T

Hmm i wont stop playing my Summoner, i don't think i am the best, but i am far from the worst.

I have lost plenty of matches to other classes, they all seem to know what to do to adapt to these classes. 

Don't Fret the Warlock is next and that's a caster class also.

To each there own.... adapt, or umm write another thread.

You're complaining that ranged casters... exist? 

Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of real selection for ranged classes. Not having a ranger/marksman class is odd to me, and I keep picking up items for a 'warlock' class that appears to not be implemented on the NA servers yet. 

1 minute ago, Frostfire2k said:

yup i knew at least one guy would think i was asking for advice on how to beat the classes.

When clearly my issue is with the design itself.

Such is subjective, as others would greatly desire a ranged class.

Although, if you think the current ones are bad...

Better hope we don't get pre-nerf Warlock.

Archived