Forums

More roaming mobs plz!

SirKyrxon

This is a major problem I have with the game right now. "Hey lets do a mob kill quest in a newbish zone on a brand new game! Since everyone will be doing it at once, let's make it like 15 that we need! How many of the mob should we make spawn at once? Oh 7. Since you can't share credit for quest mob kills, it'll be hilarious!!"

Something definitely needs to change. The servers are WAY overpopulated for the mob count in the open world. They either need more channels or more mobs. I'm about to give up on side quests altogether because it's simply not worth the effort to stand around fighting 8 other people for 3 spawns.

yeah i wrote about this myself some time ago but few people cared.. my soultion? sligtly higher respawn rate and make the mobs work exactly like field bosses.. meaning whoever get to hit them gets the kill instead of giving it only to the first hitter. I mean.. people are actually evolving in this game to use this mechanic.. now they go into an area hit every mob with a ranged attack and then go on one and wait for other players to kill the others for them taking the kill anyway

i remember some very old mmos that had a kill steal mechanic.. they worked as the last one to hit the mob get the kill.. here is the opposite.. but even in those extremely old mmos there were very large areas with at least 20-30 mobs spawning at the same time.. here we're actually talking about a 10 meters area where 4 mobs spawn with a 45s-1 min respawn time.. farmed by 10 people on every single channel and only the first one that hit gets the kill so yeah... you wanna have a little fun in your spare time?

YOU CAN'T! YOU'RE DOOMED! 

Cause to do 1 killing quest of 10 kills you need 45 minutes.

That should really be changed ^^

Just had this very nice experience... so there's a quest where you have to kill an enemy to get an item to use on a pile of something to make another enemy come out of it and kill it.. you have to repeat this 7 times.

Of course you can't hit the last enemy straight away after using the item on it's refugees thus having at least 1 second delay from when the enemy actually appear and when you can kill it.

Well people are so fun nowdays.. they just sit near the refugees so that when you take the enemy out they can give the first hit and it's virtually impossible for whoever does the quest to finish it...

I have mentioned this several times in surveys while playing through CBT. Some areas, like desert area in particular, seem rather scarce in mob count. The spawn rate seems to have been increased in comparison from CBT (at least it feels so), and while leveling during HS I had no issue whatsoever, but I'm not surprised people are running into it.

I too mention this in surveys.  Players that might have been more friendly in other MMO's have no choice but to be assholes in this game and try to get the mobs before everyone else, to the point of tagging everything they can close by, even at the risk of being defeated because if you don't, you will be there for 30+ minutes trying to finish one quest. Forcing players to fight over everything, to the point of rage-quitting is obviously not good business. Oh sure, they added a few new servers, but what's the incentive for moving? It can take upwards of a week to delete one character and unless you have a mid to higher founders or bought slots, you only get two in the first place. Are they offering free character transfers? Doubt it.  Seriously NCSoft, did you learn nothing from your other games?

If we wanted to be forced into group play, we would already BE into a group. Other developers/publishers claim "play how you want to play!" and then force them into playing the opposite, until ppl start leaving.. then they fix aggro tables so kill tagging is no longer a thing and try to get ppl back. Many MMO developers have listened to their players, especially in EU/NA and have resolved the issue by allowing mobs to be killed by up to 5 players and making boss mobs give credit to anyone who tags. Why should Blade and Soul be the exception? I just spent 15 min trying to kill one end quest mob before I finally got it because of tagging.  Nobody is gonna stand around and say..   ok.. nobody touch it till we make groups. That's a tad unrealistic. 

more mobs, faster respwn time and more channels would be nice >.>

also - it should be like some games have, the one that does more damage gets the loot, maybe would work diff for field bosses (like it is now) but for norm mobs highest dmg dealer gets the kill o.o

4 hours ago, PKaBoo said:

more mobs, faster respwn time and more channels would be nice >.>

also - it should be like some games have, the one that does more damage gets the loot, maybe would work diff for field bosses (like it is now) but for norm mobs highest dmg dealer gets the kill o.o

That does make sense but it's not entirely a fair game for everyone. Supposed you have a new player that doesn't know much about the game and he's lvl 10. And then you have a lvl 6 player thats an experienced mmo player and he out damages the lvl 10 and gets the kill (More attack power, since he upgraded as much as he could for example) 

The worst offender so far for me is the lion statue quest mobs at Golden Deva. 4 mobs and at least 3-4 Golden Devas spawn between them respawning and you have to kill 7. And its extremely hard to get people to party up for some friggin reason. Pluss people doing Deva have to walk between them so have people just randomly popping them even without having the quest.

Archived