Extremely shady stuff from NCsoft

Zuidokas

On 1/23/2016 at 8:53 AM, omeed said:

Hey there, 

There's nothing shady going on. The 1-year name hold is (to us) a strange policy. It has been working fine in Korea all this time - but we were surprised to find out about it, as it's a little different than the usual. It's one of those things we didn't find out about until people started doing name changes. :)

Work with customer service and they'll get it taken care of or get you a refund.  

I personally think that the name holds should work like other mmos, WoW for example, will hold the name to your own specific account for a week before releasing it for everyone else to use again. I think it would solve a lot of the panic players seem to have about remaking/transfering their characters and really cut back on tickets.

I've had this issue happen to me as well, and it isn't really great because I wanted to swap a name I reserved with my gold pack... @__@

the 1 year name hold after changing is extremely absurd..... Its like the 6 days delete time for a character over level 15, it doesn't make ANY sense.

Both need to be changed ASAP to 1 month for a Name change lock and 48 hours for a character over level 15 deletion. This should definitely be high priority for NCsoft to change for our version.

Just now, WyrdWay said:

If the 1yr long hold on the name isn't for the original account to use again then who is it on hold for? Maybe I'm just misunderstanding it.

No one can use the name till the 1 year period has expired! Not even the original account holder.... so yeh... 

12 minutes ago, KINGofBLADES said:

the 1 year name hold after changing is extremely absurd..... Its like the 6 days delete time for a character over level 15, it doesn't make ANY sense.

Oh but it does my friend "Marketing!" they expect most will do like the OP and buy a name change ticket, and hope they just throw their hands up and say "Oh well, I wasted 40 bucks" which sadly is what most people will do; the same goes for the 6 days deletion time, "Oh snap, I only have 2 character slots, what the poop will I ever do now" Now you either make a new account, and create a character or, buy another character slot. Oddly enough, most people will buy a character slot hence marketing schemes. 

4 minutes ago, KINGofBLADES said:

No one can use the name till the 1 year period has expired! Not even the original account holder.... so yeh... 

That's what i thought you guys meant.  -____-

These are things that I wish the game would explain upfront. We'd still get a few people complaining like some do with faction uniforms >.> but for those that read the warning pop ups it would save a lot of heart ache and frustration.

On 1/23/2016 at 11:53 AM, omeed said:

Hey there, 

There's nothing shady going on. The 1-year name hold is (to us) a strange policy. It has been working fine in Korea all this time - but we were surprised to find out about it, as it's a little different than the usual. It's one of those things we didn't find out about until people started doing name changes. :)

Work with customer service and they'll get it taken care of or get you a refund.  

Hey Omeed did you get your Name you wanted and enjoying your Summoner? the Cats its all about that Cat!!!

I bought one name change voucher as well, I contacted them two days ago and got no response yet. I sit in my college classes just spamming the refresh button hoping for it to be there. = ~ = I haven't logged onto BnS at all since.. It just made me un-attracted to play the game and broke my heart. I really love the game.. I want to play but that ruined it for me.. I wonder if they can restore the name and refund the NCcoins. At this point they can even keep the NCcoins, so long as they give my old character the name back. I just want my name back and safe and not stolen.. ; _;

I wish all those that made the same mistake a ton of luck getting their names back. 

Archived