Queue is BS!!!

Testubebaby

Of course it's intentional. Which is why I'm not *cricket*ing buying Premium.

I'll pay for aesthetics if I want to, but I'm not paying to go from a *cricket*ing 12 hour long queue to a 5 hour long Premium queue. I don't have time for either.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lecruidant said:

I just don't understand how you all think this is just poor server management by NCsoft when it's intentional for Premium sales. And it's WORKING. How stupid can you all be. 

I'm just gonna laugh and go play the russian version since these idiots are creating archeage2.0 

2 minutes ago, Lecruidant said:

I just don't understand how you all think this is just poor server management by NCsoft when it's intentional for Premium sales. And it's WORKING. How stupid can you all be. 

I wouldnt call ppl stupid, but i agree with this for the most part.

So this morning I was playing and after the a cut scene, my screen went COMPLETELY black. I did not skip it, nothing. Sometimes I would hear a faint sound of my character's voice in the background but there was no way to get into the game. So I went back into queue (took me 5.5 hours to get back into the game) and finally played it until I ran into another cut scene and this time I read something about skipping cutscenes after 5 seconds of viewing so it doesn't kick you out. I did that, and the beautiful black screen came back. I'm not sure why NCSoft would release a half assed game. I was already frustrated with the queue time (and I'm a patient person), but getting glitched OUT just to be back in line is ridiculous, I understand it is a F2P game however at this point I believe NCSoft did it on purpose to make sure you get frustrated enough to buy one of their VIP premium passes. And if so, hats off to NCSoft for knowing how to make great money off of a F2P game. 

It is poor server management.  Sure, some of it may be an attempt to sell premium, but they run the risk that many will just go play a different game.  I, for example, won't pay for premium until I've tried the game and decided I like it more than my current MMO.  If I can't log in, which is currently the case, I'll just play a different game.  So, the real question is whether they make more money off of selling premiums, than they lose from potential players that would buy from the shop just leaving because of the queues.

2 minutes ago, Apexed said:

So this morning I was playing and after the a cut scene, my screen went COMPLETELY black. I did not skip it, nothing. Sometimes I would hear a faint sound of my character's voice in the background but there was no way to get into the game. So I went back into queue (took me 5.5 hours to get back into the game) and finally played it until I ran into another cut scene and this time I read something about skipping cutscenes after 5 seconds of viewing so it doesn't kick you out. I did that, and the beautiful black screen came back. I'm not sure why NCSoft would release a half assed game. I was already frustrated with the queue time (and I'm a patient person), but getting glitched OUT just to be back in line is ridiculous, I understand it is a F2P game however at this point I believe NCSoft did it on purpose to make sure you get frustrated enough to buy one of their VIP premium passes. And if so, hats off to NCSoft for knowing how to make great money off of a F2P game. 

Skipping cut scenes gives you a black screen, and apparently (according to your experience), sitting through cut scenes counts as you being AFK. What the *cricket*.

1 minute ago, DankDuck said:

Skipping cut scenes gives you a black screen, and apparently (according to your experience), sitting through cut scenes counts as you being AFK. What the *cricket*.

Yup, I'm only number #2540 so, according to my calculations, by tomorrow morning I should be able to enjoy my game that is.... until I reach another cut scene.

So many bots on the servers, yet they insist it's due to popular demand... please. The number of bots far outweighs even the number of players, yet there's no reporting system? Not even a way to ignore the bots so they don't render chat completely useless?

Yup, I'm only number #2540 so, according to my calculations, by tomorrow morning I should be able to enjoy my game that is.... until I reach another cut scene.

Welp, I'm waiting until they stop being money-hungry whores and fix their servers. I'm not gonna sit in these queues for 5+ hours just to crash and sit in queues for another 5+ hours.

SO if your problem is skipping cutscenes why would you STILL skip them. Yeah, skipping and kicking you is a problem, but you're contributing to your own problem by continually trying to skip. 

1 minute ago, MadMarchy said:

So many bots on the servers, yet they insist it's due to popular demand... please. The number of bots far outweighs even the number of players, yet there's no reporting system? Not even a way to ignore the bots so they don't render chat completely useless?

Not to disagree...but do you have numbers on that? I honestly don't see that many bots. perhaps it's because i haven't been in the starter zones since saturday? dunno...but i doubt it's that extreme. 

Welp, I'm waiting until they stop being money-hungry whores and fix their servers. I'm not gonna sit in these queues for 5+ hours just to crash and sit in queues for another 5+ hours.

yeah, that would suck. I see posts like this and auto-tab over to the client in nervous apprehension. thankfully im still in queue and at least not getting dropped. 

3 minutes ago, Lecruidant said:

SO if your problem is skipping cutscenes why would you STILL skip them. Yeah, skipping and kicking you is a problem, but you're contributing to your own problem by continually trying to skip. 

Because if you sit through a 5 minute cut scene you end up getting kicked for being AFK anyways.

1 minute ago, Lecruidant said:

If you learn how to read my ORIGINAL post. I stated that THIS MORNING, I DID NOT SKIP ANY CUT SCENES, (my first TIME logging into BnS!), and I STILL got black screened. So the SECOND time around (after waiting 5.5 HOURS in queue), I played it smart by SKIPPING the cutscene after waiting 5+ seconds to ATTEMPT TO AVOID the black screen. Learn how to read buddy.

Because if you sit through a 5 minute cut scene you end up getting kicked for being AFK anyways.

LMFAO no. You don't. There is no AFK timer. The patch today wasn't a server wide auto disonnect to implement anything. It was a "Hey, you CAN update if you'd like" patch. 

Omg 4 and half hours I have been in Queue 

Went from queue # 2320 to now #244

Whyyy is it taking so long. I dont even want to play anymore but because I waited so long I am going to play this game. Honestly this is ridiculous and pathetic on the workers on this game because they should of planned this properly. The way I work is I need to play the game for a while to know if it is worth spending money on this game and right now I am pissed off at this game. I am not going spend money on premium just for shorter queue which is such a money grabbing technique. I hate companies who do that because you know they are rotten people. 

2 minutes ago, Torwyn said:

I take it for those of us going full F2P mode, I would be better off waiting for one of these new servers they make?

I do hope they get a nice number of people, I'm excited to play with others. :)

Honestly if it keeps up like this, you won't be playign with anybody as everyone is getting pisssed off and saying *cricket* it already. 3 of my friends have already uninstalled because they refuse to pay for premium just to play 

1 minute ago, Lecruidant said:

Honestly if it keeps up like this, you won't be playign with anybody as everyone is getting pisssed off and saying *cricket* it already. 3 of my friends have already uninstalled because they refuse to pay for premium just to play 

I think that's what ultimately motivated NC to open more servers. the premium is supposed to be a nice feature, but right now it almost seems mandatory just to play. I'm OK with the premiums getting prio in queues...when the queues are 20m or so...but not 5 hours.

In queue since 1pm eastern time, it is now 7:17 pm eastern time. At one point, it said 2 minutes till I get in, and that was a few hours ago. People seem to be buying the premium package now, and making me wait even longer. I was gonna buy a premium package, but I might log out tonight when I go to bed, and then jump right back into the queue, so I can get on and only wait for an hour or so when I wake up.

2 minutes ago, Temjiu said:

I think that's what ultimately motivated NC to open more servers. the premium is supposed to be a nice feature, but right now it almost seems mandatory just to play. I'm OK with the premiums getting prio in queues...when the queues are 20m or so...but not 5 hours.

I'm not okay with it. They literally took all they could and chopped it up for money incentives. I would gladly have spent money on the cash shop If the business plan was anything like Aion's. But instead, they only give you 2 character slots (5 for extra a piece) then they have the cash shop on top of that, THEN they also want money for a "Premium" membership that ends up coming out to the same price as an actual P2P game. It's absurd. If you pay for premium, they should give you at least 7 slots for characters (lock 5 out if you laps on premium) and a slight discount at the in game shop. Other than that, it's all a terrible setup for a money grasp 

Archived