Too many bot players

Dark Unwinding

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kobomb said:

nProtect has always been one of the easiest gameguard esque things to bypass. Honestly i think this is just something to start living with until a new way to block hackers and bots becomes more relevant and effective than current methods.

Not an option in BNS. Honestly, this isn't a game where you can simply farm bosses to get to the next tier of equipment to move on. This is where you actively need to craft stuff, farm materials to upgrade your weapons. Given the situation at hand, if you are to arrive at moonwater transformation stone. You need to farm for the formula to make it, and then farm for the mats to make it, say now you are in a situation where botters fully infested the region with teleport farming and are actually picking off every quartz node before you even can see it spawn. 

You will end up taking the slow and tedious crawl to farm money, to buy the required mats from the auction house which feeds into the gold farmers pockets. I'm here explaining the worse case scenario we're possibly looking at if nothing is done. So what is your next option? Get pissed off and pay the gold sellers for gold to buy their stuff off the market?

This isn't the traditional MMO where things aren't all too reliant on crafting. Right now everything is reliant on it since upgrading your stuff is the core of progression.

2 minutes ago, Enubis said:

Not an option in BNS. Honestly, this isn't a game where you can simply farm bosses to get to the next tier of equipment to move on. This is where you actively need to craft stuff, farm materials to upgrade your weapons. Given the situation at hand, if you are to arrive at moonwater transformation stone. You need to farm for the formula to make it, and then farm for the mats to make it, say now you are in a situation where botters fully infested the region with teleport farming and are actually picking off every quartz node before you even can see it spawn. 

You will end up taking the slow and tedious crawl to farm money, to buy the required mats from the auction house which feeds into the gold farmers pockets. I'm here explaining the worse case scenario we're possibly looking at if nothing is done. So what is your next option? Get pissed off and pay the gold sellers for gold to buy their stuff off the market?

This isn't the traditional MMO where things aren't all too reliant on crafting. Right now everything is reliant on it since upgrading your stuff is the core of progression.

sad but true, you could just go and start making everything untradeable i suppose. but that would just lead to another mess like "maplestory" for example.

Untradeable would practically ruin crafting. The next possible option is the change progression dependancy on crafted materials. Make some boss drops on par with fully upgraded gear or perhaps SLIGHTLY just a pinch bit weaker than a maxed out upgraded hongmoon gear of that level range. But that in itself would mean the bidding system may require some change as well. 

Regardless, I am very sure they are well aware this would happen and chances are they won't do squat about it. BnS isn't alien to bots. BnS CN is FULL of it for one. 

5 hours ago, BourneEndeavour said:

Actually, ESO's overall underwhelming financial numbers are likely why there are so few bots. The game released to an almost unanimous "meh" from its target demographic and has since only garnered more negative than positive reviews, at least from the last I heard. People running bots aim for quick profit, thus why they are so pervalent in BnS right now. It's new, free and has an immense amount of hype. Likewise, FFXIV's lower populated servers are inundated with bots because FFXIV is arguably the most popular MMO atm.

Companies do need to start taking a stronger stance against spammers, but unfortunately people are lazy. if they stopped being stupid with their money and actually played the game, we wouldn't have this issue. I'll never understand paying for a level carry, given you'll inevitability get destroyed by actual skilled players. Talk about a waste of money.

They can't be doing that poorly - they're having a $1 million dollar giveaway this month, and the population seems to be quite high in-game.  All of the quest zones have quite a few players (actual players), and there's usually quite a few 60+ person zergs running around in the PVP zones.  It's one of my favorite MMOs - the only issues I have with it are the lag in PVP, and the lack of rewards for doing difficult content (the gear from the best raids is essentially worse than crafted gear in most cases).  In any event, I'd bet they're doing quite well compared to a large portion of the free-to-play MMOs on the market today.

• 1 month later...

Overpiced materials on the Shop promotes Gold buying/Gold Sellers. This is what every MMO share in common. Bots aren't necessarily the source of the problem unless we are talking about PVP spamming. Some players see buying gold as an alternative to progress b/c they cant afford anything ingame. 

And yes XIV Bots only exists in low populated servers just aswell overpiced items on the market board, while popular servers like Blamung are bot/spam free and item prices are way cheaper than low populated servers.

I loved FFXIV, but the endgame content is not player friendly anymore

The mmo tends to cater to only the hardcore players with an well static group to clear anything challenging. Playing with random people in savage or the new primal ex's is a no go. I literally just quit after the first 2 weeks of patch 3.2 b/c the content promotes Elitism everywhere.  

• Liinxy locked this topic

Archived