FM Builds

dmoe33

Blaze Palm spamming shreds most early-game mobs and bosses. Upgrade your LMB to detonate ember stacks for increased potency.

Build for Ice attacks if you want to play a more supportive/group role (Lvl 36+).

1 hour ago, DBug said:

Blaze Palm spamming shreds most early-game mobs and bosses. Upgrade your LMB to detonate ember stacks for increased potency.

Build for Ice attacks if you want to play a more supportive/group role (Lvl 36+).

Well in order to do the most damage you want skills that will proc even further your burn damage as compared to disabling that damaging at all. So I wouldn't really recommend detonating your embers as much as using them to proc your burn. In addition to that, just stack skills that do essentially double the damage w/ burn like your 2, V, X and spec them to add even more burn (Your inferno can be spec to be instant cast and burn for 6s, great for PvP and PvE DPS). Also spec your 1 to apply burn once you have 5 stacks of embers, as all those mentioned skills will add even more embers when burned (you can see the DPS cycle beginning) Also, the most important thing on force masters is chi management, if you can manage your chi you can DPS monsters or players like crazy. If you're not familiar w/ the concept of animation canceling, I would suggest you look it up, as I will talk about it next. Now having spec your skills to proc your burn, and double the damage on burn, you'll likely to spec your ice skills for chi recovery. Your C in fire stance recovers 3 chi, most of your ice skills also recover some chi, and you want your ice bolt to recover chi as well (Your F skill in ice stance).

Now your basic rotation w/ animation cancelling is: Left Click, Right Click, 2 

That rotation does more damage with the burn, as your 2 will do twice the damage w/ burn on

The way I engage a fight is:

FIRST ROTATION: 

X, V, C, Left, Right, 2 , Left, Right, 2 

Once again, X engages the 6s burn, V does twice damage w/ burn, C gives you chi recovery from the used X, V and then you proc your burn even more with Left,Right, 2

Now, your X,V will be on cool down and the chi management starts...

SECOND ROTATION: 

At the end of that first rotation you'll have 5 ember stacks on the mob you're targeting, so ... press your 1 to active your 4s burn

With animation canceling you'll have enough time to do 2 rotations before burn wears off, then press 1 again and repeat

------ These two rotations are basically what you'll be doing in every fight ... But what you got keep in mind is your chi. So you'll start running out of chi always on your second rotations. Thats when you either press F on a ice critical to recover your chi or you press your C on fire stance (as it has a much lower cd than your X, V which have the same cds). 

Keep in mind that this is mostly, if not all, a build for massive single target DPS (great for bosses). I have an entirely different build for pulling groups of 30+ mobs.

Another thing to keep in mind is that these do not involve situational scenarios such as when to regen/defensive skills. But in order to complete the build, lets go over those real quick.

You'd like your ice tab on the 1 minute cd w/ 10% health recovery, your ice C can either be used w/ an increased defense w/o mobility or less defense + mobility. In PvP the latter is preferred but in PvE the former is preferred. 

You'd also want your ice flower (V spec as a AoE party skill)

And that is essentially it ..

Hope that helps ~!

I still can understand why people keep using blazing palm to detonate embers, its really annoying on dungeons.

To OP: This is how xDrakon explain the build. Phases 2,3 and 4; please, have in mind that you wont be able to get that amount of skills, neither the hongmoon ones, but its a way for you to understand how it works.

SO, basically, stacks embers with rb+lb+(2) up to five, and explode+burn with (1), twice rb+lb+(2) -if you have good ping you may be able to do 3 times in 4 sec of burn- hence and repeat. (c) will give you a burst in damage as well as focus regen, (x) is used between cycles when you stack up 5 ember, and gives 6 sec burn. (3) stun is optional as well as (v) aoe.

5 minutes ago, Evechan said:

the game can give u alot of combinations to play the way u like, but ''pro'' ppl will aways judge and blame who don't play/use skills like they want, i support fm using blazing palm, play your game ! 

Its not a question of playstyle. He asked how he can improve his DPS, and this is the mathematical way that will yield him an increase in DPS.

Of course, play the way you like, by all means. But there is a spectrum of how much you can DPS, a spectrum of which is very specific on the high end, and very general on the low end. 

13 hours ago, Evechan said:

the game can give u alot of combinations to play the way u like, but ''pro'' ppl will aways judge and blame who don't play/use skills like they want, i support fm using blazing palm, play your game ! 

I don´t consider myself "pro" nonetheless, but regarding the "best dps output" burn is the way to go, since patch 2.5 up to the current 3.0 its still the same build more or less.

Aside from that, there is another factor, if he detonate embers with blaze, it reduces A LOT the total output of the party if there is more than 1 fm (him and another one ie), simply because blaze detonate is usually faster than 1 burn, and it is a piece of shit really.

16 hours ago, Evechan said:

I cant play my game cuz Ember stacks being shaded.... so if other FM decides to get LBM on exploision... is going to mess up all my fking build bcuz i wont be able to re apply burn.., making my dps goes from Hero to Zero ...

Archived