Screw whining about que times.

Sujima

1 minute ago, RMJI said:

you can block chat - right click on the spammy name and add to your block list. enjoy blissful peace and normal chat until they create another spammer.

How does that free up server space? Most of these have been online since yesterday morning. It's further proof that ncsoft wants queue times to stay horrible

1 minute ago, Sujima said:

What i mean is: cant the devs block chat until like level 5 or level 10. it would probobly lower the amount of gold spammers.

didn't work in the last game I played...it's not that hard to get to level 5 or 10 anyways. you might get an hour of peace and quiet and then have to deal with it again. what they need is a report function, but then they'd have to have enough staff to deal with all the reports >.<

2 minutes ago, kingvallard said:

How does that free up server space? Most of these have been online since yesterday morning. It's further proof that ncsoft wants queue times to stay horrible

he wasn't talking about freeing up the queue, but about how much spam is in chat.

I was talking about the freeing up que. 

1 minute ago, RMJI said:

didn't work in the last game I played...it's not that hard to get to level 5 or 10 anyways. you might get an hour of peace and quiet and then have to deal with it again. what they need is a report function, but then they'd have to have enough staff to deal with all the reports >.<

A report function is exactly what this game needs too.

4 minutes ago, RMJI said:

you can block chat - right click on the spammy name and add to your block list. enjoy blissful peace and normal chat until they create another spammer.

1 minute ago, RMJI said:

The best way to kill off gold spammers is a simple chat delay to free users. SWTOR is the best example. Game has almost no spammers as free players have a 30 second delay to general chat. This delay is removed if you spend a single penny of real money currency permanently. You can earn enough to do this just by having the authinticator app (free account security tool)

Well to be fair I started blade and soul launcher at 9am today it is now 627pm and i still am 1311 in line this is way too much.  I have played many other mmos at launch and never had to wait this long.  I don't mind but when the whole day you planed to play something is wasted because of absurd amount of queue times it makes me not want to play

They should have like 3 gms jus sitting where all of em are and just banning them seems crazy at first but it will work no? Seems like a wtf fix but unless they can come up with a captcha or a script to prevent bots thats only way i see. Now if they dont stop the bots soon thats a HUGE problem not only for now on release but in the long term as well

Adding more servers will not fix the problem because the bots will just expand and take over those other servers too.  They need to do something because the 3 hours i did get to play this game the bots were insane.  

Archived