Premium Member Queue

Jai

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AgentKinsu said:

When I woke up this morning I tried logging in and it said  wait time 33min. That was at 8am. Now its 12pm and saying i have to wait 287min. I paid my hard earned money for this game. The wait time should not be this long. This is an issue that really needs to be fixed. If you cant get the people who paid on, how you going to get the free players logged on???

Basically, Mushin and the other high pop servers are pretty much premium servers only. Free players will not be able to log on to these servers...

I truly believe Mushin server is still in Beta testing..there is not way its full. the queue eventually drops over time and I am quite sure no one would log out once in, unless they are disconnected . NCSoft is still testing high populated servers and running a choke on log-ins. Testing for 19th Launch IMO

7 minutes ago, RightCross said:

Basically, Mushin and the other high pop servers are pretty much premium servers only. Free players will not be able to log on to these servers...

but i am not a free player i paid 125$ for the best founders pack. just saying if the server cant handle 1410 people logging on
(thats the number i see now) How you going to handle all the other people trying to log on when game officially launch 1/19/2016

Instead of doing the western thing and crying. Just go to another server. If 10,000 people bought premium. it really doesnt make anyone special. You really didnt pay to wait. But you dont have too. Your choosing to play on the high pop servers so suck it up. Its not like they aren't doing anything about it.

26 minutes ago, nommie said:

man if it's this bad for premium members only.....i dont want to know how bad it's going to be once regular release happens.......

I'll tell you how bad it is. I only bought initiate pack so I could play the headstart. don't care about boosted exp or gold or whatnot, and if i want to cash shop i'll purchase ncoin at that moment in time, not ahead of time. I logged in yesterday at 10:01, took 5 minutes to make a few changes to the character screencap I loaded, and hit connect. 10:07 I entered a queue of about 70 premium members. 5 hours later at 3:10 pm I was still in queue with 1700 premium members, at which point I sent a rather friendly request to refund my payment and terminate my account as I was not recieving the product I payed for. I have come to the conclusion that the queue is actually two queues, and until the premium queue is completely empty, zero regular players can access a server. its pretty terrible. there's going to be a shitstorm on Monday when every server gets a queue.

TBH all initiate pack owners should be offered a refund and subsequent account-wipe if they so desire, because we all got shafted by the dick of greed.

2 minutes ago, lmfaoBeNiS said:

I'll tell you how bad it is. I only bought initiate pack so I could play the headstart. don't care about boosted exp or gold or whatnot, and if i want to cash shop i'll purchase ncoin at that moment in time, not ahead of time. I logged in yesterday at 10:01, took 5 minutes to make a few changes to the character screencap I loaded, and hit connect. 10:07 I entered a queue of about 70 premium members. 5 hours later at 3:10 pm I was still in queue with 1700 premium members, at which point I sent a rather friendly request to refund my payment and terminate my account as I was not recieving the product I payed for. I have come to the conclusion that the queue is actually two queues, and until the premium queue is completely empty, zero regular players can access a server. its pretty terrible. there's going to be a shitstorm on Monday when every server gets a queue.

TBH all initiate pack owners should be offered a refund and subsequent account-wipe if they so desire, because we all got shafted by the dick of greed.

But I have the Masters Pack and the same thing happens to me. It shows how may premium players are ahead of me. And that number increases with time. To my understanding I AM a premium member. Is there something I am missing?

1 minute ago, BuShi_Do said:

But I have the Masters Pack and the same thing happens to me. It shows how may premium players are ahead of me. And that number increases with time. To my understanding I AM a premium member. Is there something I am missing?

how much time we talking?  around noon yesterday I'd seen people saying they only took a half hour to get through the queue. If premium members are waiting 5 hours+ in queues as well then honestly this prerelease was just sloppy as hell.

One simple fix they can do in the near term is to shut down Mushin (or other heavily populated servers) every two to four hours.  It definitely is not ideal from many angles, but it does fix the serious AFK problem right now.  There are tons of people that simply AFK on the game, tying up their server slot for hours and not allowing the queue to be flow through.  And once someone gets on the game after waiting for hours, they have their own incentive to join the AFK crowd.  (I don't do this, which is why I'm in the queue.)  Yes, shutdowns are inconvenient but I don't remember anything in Beta where serious headaches would be caused.  Even instances like Blackram Narrows are fast and progress can be restarted in minutes.  And of course, the shutdown would be broadcast in the game so people know not to start anything too serious before the server goes down.

Shutdowns are better than idle detection because people do all sorts of things to get around idle detectors (like placing a weight on a key), but there's no way to getting around a server shutdown.  The point is, players have to be taught that there is no point in idle AFKing-- you will get kicked, so don't bother.  Just re-queue when you get back, and since the queue is moving faster the wait times should not be nearly as long.  Besides, for people who are waiting for more than four hours to get on, there is nothing for them to lose.

OK so I went and tried to log in again and carefully read the queue msg. It merely shows the amount of premium members that are waiting. Even though that number rises it still doesn't prove that players are being put ahead of you as we don't know what your place is in the queue. But I have to wonder though why does the wait time increase at all if your spot in the queue should be locked in.

9 minutes ago, BuShi_Do said:

So the number you see isn't actually your position in the queue, they are just showing us how many premium members are in the queue waiting. The number is pretty useless actually. I don't care how many people are queued, I just want to know my position in the queue.

1 minute ago, RightCross said:

So the number you see isn't actually your position in the queue, they are just showing us how many premium members are in the queue waiting. The number is pretty useless actually. I don't care how many people are queued, I just want to know my position in the queue.

So do you know why the wait time increase? Because that I think would be an indication that you are getting pushed towards the end of the line.

Just now, Killance said:

This is why you don't go to the most populated server on launch.

Have yet to get anu queues on my server.

The problem with that is alot of people agreed on certain servers to go to during the betas when headstart / launch day started.

5 minutes ago, Tandleheart said:

One simple fix they can do in the near term is to shut down Mushin (or other heavily populated servers) every two to four hours.  It definitely is not ideal from many angles, but it does fix the serious AFK problem right now.  There are tons of people that simply AFK on the game, tying up their server slot for hours and not allowing the queue to be flow through.  And once someone gets on the game after waiting for hours, they have their own incentive to join the AFK crowd.  (I don't do this, which is why I'm in the queue.)  Yes, shutdowns are inconvenient but I don't remember anything in Beta where serious headaches would be caused.  Even instances like Blackram Narrows are fast and progress can be restarted in minutes.  And of course, the shutdown would be broadcast in the game so people know not to start anything too serious before the server goes down.

Shutdowns are better than idle detection because people do all sorts of things to get around idle detectors (like placing a weight on a key), but there's no way to getting around a server shutdown.  The point is, players have to be taught that there is no point in idle AFKing-- you will get kicked, so don't bother.  Just re-queue when you get back, and since the queue is moving faster the wait times should not be nearly as long.  Besides, for people who are waiting for more than four hours to get on, there is nothing for them to lose.

This. This so much.

The main issue the queue is so damn big is because there are a LOT of AFK players. The game doesn't have a rule set (yet hopefully) where if you're afk/no movement detected for x amount of time (let's say an hour to be generous), they'll get kicked off for inactivity. So far from what I've seen and heard from chatting with people in Mushin was that they would go AFK when they needed to do something irl, such as cook/get food, etc., and come back to play again because they don't want to deal with the queue. That makes sense to do that when you're already in the game, but it just really sucks that no one else gets to play that's in the queue.

And this is just the premium queue that we're talking about. Come launch day, as someone said earlier, zero free players will be able to log into any of the current servers experiencing high queue time. We already have a 5-6+ hour queue time for premium members trying to access Mushin. It would easily be 12-15+ hours for free members. Who want to play a game like that?

1 minute ago, Killance said:

This is why you don't go to the most populated server on launch.

Have yet to get anu queues on my server.

Yes thats true but theres a problem, those people may have friends or have characters with their one use items on there. So they are pretty well stuck. 

Archived