weap skins in F10 have 'chance' of failing when trying to open them?

Nicolee

On one of my new characters, I created a songstress character.  I bought 2 cosmetic weap skins from F10, the sunflower and cherry blossom skins.  When I try to open them, I get "Invalid item".  Huh?  I asked support and they said they need the exact item names and screen shots showing the items purchased and cannot fix the problem or get the dead items out of my inventory without this -- and if I send the details in they might be able to forward it to a developer, but won't be able to keep me updated as to what's going on. (!?!?!)

They are weap skins.  How complicated can that be?

Is buying things in F10 going to be like upgrades: "there is a chance (>70%) of purchase failure and items may be non-functional in your inventory? 

I'm sure they can look in F10 and our inventory.  Or did something really break?

indeed as Sahphyr just said: plenty skins are plain broken. as for sunflower, it doesnt even exist for Bard. Cherry Blossom Illusion Harp on the other hand does exist as per F3 - still good chance the box is broken...

best always check (shift + LMB) if you get any visuals (preview) team west doesnt check KR files, so we just might do be careful ourselfs.

just give screenshots and they cant back out. sometimes they are just confused by the error themself. since they don't play this game either, they can't test things (or dont bother testing). if they can see on your screenshots they might understand the issue.

• Thanks 1

It's a voice message that says invalid item.  Hard to take a screen shot of that.  But THANKS for confirming the prob.  Support was not only clueless but a bit disbelieving of the problem.  Sad that support has no clue of what goes on in the game, but that's what happens when they hire a 3rd party (zendesk) to handle support that has no 2-way communication w/developers.

• 3 weeks later...

This got "solved" by them noting the problematic items in my inventory and issuing a refund for unopenable items.  As a side effect, I'm a bit more nervous about trying to acquire any class(Bard) specific items, because I don't want to try to deal with trying to obtain an item that may not be working for my class.  Sad, but I realize that it is non-trivial to supply a texture that looks good for the Bard class's weaps, cuz they are a high-detail weap (vs. classes that have lower detail weaps, like bangles, that are only seen as a long flowy thing off the char).  The Bard's weap can be something that provides much detail that can be seen at a distance, like Archer bows (some were rather pretty), and destroyer's axes.  Things like swords and guns have a intermediate level of detail due to their size -- some show enough detail to make custom illusion weaps an attractive buy, but other weaps are just too small to allow much detail, making them a less attractive buy as an illusion weap.

15 hours ago, Nicolee said:

This got "solved" by them noting the problematic items in my inventory and issuing a refund for unopenable items.  As a side effect, I'm a bit more nervous about trying to acquire any class(Bard) specific items, because I don't want to try to deal with trying to obtain an item that may not be working for my class.  Sad, but I realize that it is non-trivial to supply a texture that looks good for the Bard class's weaps, cuz they are a high-detail weap (vs. classes that have lower detail weaps, like bangles, that are only seen as a long flowy thing off the char).  The Bard's weap can be something that provides much detail that can be seen at a distance, like Archer bows (some were rather pretty), and destroyer's axes.  Things like swords and guns have a intermediate level of detail due to their size -- some show enough detail to make custom illusion weaps an attractive buy, but other weaps are just too small to allow much detail, making them a less attractive buy as an illusion weap.

The Cherry bloom is a free wp skin for bard anyway after completion of the Musician Purple side quest.

any Weapon skin that show 0 preview in future don't buy it as it has no wp skin for bard and will say invalid item. 

yes, but even if free side items. how can we get purchaseable stuff which is void in the end? glad they actually reverted that purchased despite their lack of tools to do so.

speaking of the side quest: even that does mock the game for calling the zither a harp. if KR would put an actual harp, textures on that would have been much more easier.

there are for example outfits that are race or gender specific, yet you can buy them on characters you can't use them on

always before buying stuff make sure you can use it on the character you aim it for

all those items go in your recieved items, so you can take it out on any character you have, they can't restrict you from buying it cause they don't know what character or class you want it for

well, he got the zither (which is free from quest anyways) and it bugged out. Id anticipate bugs for any other class who can't obtain it for free, because NC does want to make it exclusive...but bugging on that one class that can get a working version for free....