costume rotation f10

Izvini

• NCSOFT
On 1/7/2023 at 2:55 AM, Kitah said:

Hey Green Storm,

While your team is working on improvements to the regular rotation of store cosmetics, can they also look into bringing some of the older cosmetics from other versions of the game, which somehow never made it into our version despite there being no real reason for that?

The Officer Hat for the Officer outfit is missing from F3, the Autumn Leaves headpiece (which looks like new hairstyles) is also missing despite the outfit being there). The Brown and Black Horse Heads along with the Carrot versions are also still missing. It's worth nothing all of these cosmetics existed in other versions of the game... in 2016!

This already gives you some options of very old outfits (but new for the West version) to the shop already.

Adding some legacy items to the store for the Anniversary would be a much welcomed thing.

Thanks for the suggestions! We started taking notes of those a few months ago. I see people speculating on how our teams work and trying to explain why the costume rotation is the way it currently is. Please don't go that route because (as I mentioned in a previous reply here) there's both no need for this and a lot of mistakes being said (and they tend to start rumor or mislead people reading the forums).

Question: what do you mean when you say "other versions of the game"? I understand "a long time ago in the game" but wanted to clarify to see if I'm missing something.

Lastly, I'm going to create a Cosmetic Request pinned thread, since this has been a recurring topic!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/11/2023 at 6:53 PM, Green Storm said:

Question: what do you mean when you say "other versions of the game"? I understand "a long time ago in the game" but wanted to clarify to see if I'm missing something.

Other versions of the game here was referring to the Korean base game, I have however seen the cosmetics I listed in the Russian version as well. 

It's been a very long time since 2016 though, so I cannot recall exactly when/where I saw those cosmetics, but I have a screenshot of the hairstyle on a male lyn for the Autumn Leaves headpiece which you can see here:

gZwmO1m.png

I actually asked about this very same headpiece in 2016, lol. You can find the thread where I asked that here if you happen to be curious:

On 1/7/2023 at 6:08 AM, Kitah said:

...have a bunch of already predefined scripts and templtes for specific sales which they rotate based on last availability and plans, this can lead to some items appearing in duplicate sales over a small period of time.

...That is literally what I said before in my first post but worded differently. lol

So I'm not sure how I was "all wrong" about the way the game works for the West when you pointed out the exact same possibility, given how repeated the sales are. It all points that it's being copy and pasted but anyway.

One thing I WAS wrong about was putting the entire blame on NCWest. We have already known for years, from previous statements from past community managers, that their main patches get sent from Korea. It is compiled there. So I retract that; I am well aware they have their hands tied in certain aspects. But to say no actual developer is at their Western branch is not really correct either because they constantly announce on their Twitter that their "developers" are working on getting the game back up and running properly when it malfunctions. Unless that wording is wrong.

I do really believe the game needs less "copy and paste" (specially with their Support Team. That is actually an NCWest problem) and a little more real human touch, specially when potential money is involved and I really hope that this sort of feedback is known to Korea as well. Look at a game like Fortnite, making absolute billions just selling skins.

BnS has a lot of outfits and even though some are very old and not tailorable, they should be available to the player because you don't want to take options away when they are already natively in the game.

Which is also why I have gone ahead and even included the internal IDs of outfits I requested in the pinned outfit request post by Green Storm. Give that to Korea and they have no excuse to not give you the outfits requested unless that manual work doesn't get done by them. Nothing you can do about it them.

Honestly, at least bring back the bi-weekly outfit rotation. This keeps players at the very least checking into the game every two weeks. That would be great for player retention.

Also for Green Storm, please don't forget that the West still doesn't have the Demonsbane dungeon outfits available; these are available in almost every region (I'm unsure of RU) and they literally come with the dungeons. Like those first ones in the post below. Even Aerodrome is phased out of F8 (with the dungeon being released over a year ago), that outfit is still missing. I just really don't think there is much justification for this dungeon content to be missing and I'm not going to point fingers but maybe whoever is compiling the patches should put these in because it's way overdue and clearly an oversight.

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/254026-outfitshairs-that-bs-euna-miss/

On 1/13/2023 at 9:31 AM, Zombie King said:

...That is literally what I said before in my first post but worded differently. lol

So I'm not sure how I was "all wrong" about the way the game works for the West when you pointed out the exact same possibility, given how repeated the sales are. It all points that it's being copy and pasted but anyway.

Yes and no. I said it isn't 'exactly' the way. I never said you are "all wrong" for that very reason.

But regardless, that's not what the thread is about and it doesn't matter whose right or whose wrong as long as we get more outfits 😄

For the Demonsbane Outfits, it would be really nice to get those too and those not being available (as well as other dungeon content) is strange and should be looked into.