Help bns is using the wrong gpu

Baecon

I have a new pc build with rtx 2070 and i7 yet the graphics look like intel graphics and i can't get over 20 fps. I tried switching the peffered gpu in the nivida control panal but that option dosen't seem to exist. I have also tried deactivating the internal graphics but that just ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed my computer up, any idea of what I can do?

you might have your desktop set to use the iGPU, or even both GPU's.

right click on desktop and click Display settings.

if you are using Multiple displays, it should be obvious.

scroll down to Advanced display settings and click it.

there is a drop down box starting with something like Display 1.

go through the list to find out exactly which display your RTX is using.

go back to Display settings and configure from there. either set the display your RTX is using to the main display, or set it to only show on that display.

to me it sounds like either whatever display your RTX is using is not set as the main display, or you don't even have a display connected to your RTX in the first place. if it is the latter, you can look on the back of your PC to find out. if wanting to use the RTX, connect to a port lower on the back of the PC. the iGPU port will most likely be upwards somewhere near your keyboard and mouse.

other then that, i don't know. good luck!

vor 7 Stunden schrieb bns7426700027:

to me it sounds like either whatever display your RTX is using is not set as the main display, or you don't even have a display connected to your RTX in the first place. if it is the latter, you can look on the back of your PC to find out. if wanting to use the RTX, connect to a port lower on the back of the PC. the iGPU port will most likely be upwards somewhere near your keyboard and mouse.

other then that, i don't know. good luck!

If it stays at 20 its not a hardware Problem. I used Intel HD 4600 back then and could reach much higher FPS. Its the registry.

13 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

If it stays at 20 its not a hardware Problem. I used Intel HD 4600 back then and could reach much higher FPS. Its the registry.

framerate differences with an iGPU can vary wildly. while the OP states they have an i7, they don't state exactly which CPU. also, keep in mind that an iGPU is also heavily influenced by RAM too. if he only has one stick of RAM, or slow RAM, that can cause a major drop. plus there are graphical settings and resolution to take into account.

personally... i have an i7-8700k and two sticks of RAM installed. playing at 1680x1050 and all settings to the lowest + low-end PC mode enabled gets me around 25~30FPS.

in the end, disabling the iGPU shouldn't have any adverse effect on the PC. either...

A.) the OP doesn't actually have a display plugged into the RTX

or

B.) somehow Windows is being forced to use a display adapter that isn't present, which doesn't make sense.

or C.) something else entirely. but i wouldn't know where to start.

i suppose one thing they could do is run dxdiag and see if any problems can be noticed. another thing to try is to download and install the DirectX 9.0c Redistributable.

something else that might be possible... he has a display plugged to both display adapters, but because the RTX isn't installed correctly it might not be operating. it could be a PSU issue, or something as simple as not having the power cord plugged to the RTX. or maybe has the RTX in a x4 slot instead a x16 slot, but that should only degrade performance.

Edited by bns7426700027

vor 11 Stunden schrieb bns7426700027:

framerate differences with an iGPU can vary wildly. while the OP states they have an i7, they don't state exactly which CPU. also, keep in mind that an iGPU is also heavily influenced by RAM too. if he only has one stick of RAM, or slow RAM, that can cause a major drop. plus there are graphical settings and resolution to take into account.

Since he is using an I7 and he said its a pretty new build it has to be an Intel HD UHD 630 and i used an old Haswell I5 4570 with Intel HD 4600 which is weaker but still gave me much better FPS.

The problem is definetly Software related since you would get more FPS with Intel graphics. The 20 FPS cap is a known issue aswell which can be solved by deleting the registry of this game. For example if you use compatibility mode your registry can corrupt.