Anyway to Stop Combat Freezes/Longer Load Times?

GodEnyo

I tried the fixes below 2 days ago, and they helped immensely. Before I'd lag the same whether I played on Low-end PC mode or just medium graphics all around, it was near 0 difference, and maxed would lag a bit more than both. After applying these fixes, I was able to play without much combat lag and with all settings maxed out. I logged back in yesterday and it's back to lagging, even after setting priority to High again in the Task Manger. In Mushin's tower around all the people, I was getting 30-49 fps, now I'm stuck with 6-25 and even worse, the game freezes during boss fights. The freezes last for about a full second, maybe longer, anyone know what may be happening or possible solutions? Also I want to note, I do have BnS on my SSD, yet my start up takes about 1.5 minutes, and my load times are much longer than the last time I played and they often freeze now.

Edit: Also I'll throw in, I'm in the U.S., east coast, and was told my ping shouldn't be so bad from there. But it's usually 150-260 in dungeons/raids, but as low as 70ms if I'm alone beating on Train Dummies, not sure if I can do anything to help that
I'm running the 64 bit client and my specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (I always hear AMD is bad, just because Intel is better, but as far as I can tell, the single-core performance should still be good)
RAM : G. Skill Ripjaws V series 16gb 2400mhz
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8gb
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO series 250gb

1. Load times - the 64bit client loads longer, mainly cause of the anti-cheat so dont expect rapid improvements in that area.

2. Combat lag / freezes:

there are tons of solutions out there but truth be told depending on your Pc some may work some not. the most popular fixes / things to try are:

- Set your GPU under the nvidia physx settings (but you already did that according the videos you linked)

- uncheck the sort quests by distance thing

- disable the join attack notifications (this helps a lot too)

- Disable bluetooth if you have it

- disable FTH (google what it is on windows 10)

- add the game folder as exclusion to your antivirus and windows defender

Those are the most common solutions to try

else try using bnsbuddy. It helps a lot of people play with best optimized settings and gives them very good fps gains.

Archived