Balancing PVP... I think I have some good ideas. Tell me what you think!

Narukaba

So, I'm gonna brainstorm some "defensive skill" ideas for some of the classes. Also, if such defensive skills were added on for the classes that needed it the most, it will make PVP more balanced overall.

Note: Sum, BM, KFM, and Warden were NOT included in the list as I feel they already have plenty of defensive skills, blocks, heals, etc.

Anyways... here it goes!

SIN:

Evil Twin - Create a carbon copy of yourself. Your twin will assist you in battle and act as a sort of distractive for your opponent; confusing them during the process as to who is who. The twin has unlimited HP, therefore could never die. Press "tab" to instantaneously switch places with your twin. You can press tab repeatedly until the remainder of its duration in battle, in which case it simply puffs and disappear.

Duration: 20s

Cooldown: 1m

GUNNER:

Eagle Ascension - An eagle pulls you up into the air--making you invincible to all attacks (including projectiles). However, all your skills are unuseable until the duration of the skill runs out; with the exception of one special skill (Firebomber) that could only be used while soaring in the air. You can drop bombs repeatedly on your opponent by pressing 'tab', and the 'WASD' buttons to control the eagle.

Duration: 15s

Cooldown: 2m 30s

BD:

Angelic Intervention - A bright light from the kingdom of heaven will shine on you; bestowing you its glory bliss which deflects 30% of damage from all attacks, increases your att power by 5%, increases movement speed by 5%, resistant to all CCs, removes all status ailments, and regen heals your HP every second for a total of 10% HP healed.

Duration: 10s

Cooldown: 45s

DEST:

Earthquack Spasm - The ground violently shakes as you roar with all your might, bringing out the beast from within. You are invincible to all attacks and CCs for the whole duration of usage. However, you are immobile at this time and cannot use any of your other skills. Any opponent(s) standing within your vicinity will be inflicted with damage overtime; in addition to slowing down their movement speed by 15% for 20s.

Duration: 8s

Cooldown: 1m 30s

SF:

Iron Machismo - Your body hardens up through thick and steel by the strength of your own will . Both defense and critical defense increases by a staggering 300% and also makes you resistant to all CCs. On top of that, any of your skills with the stun or daze effects will extend their effects for 1.5s.

Duration: 10s

Cooldown: 35s

WL:

Demon's Tooth -  The demon's magic calls upon you. A shadowy string used as a projectile with a demon's tooth attached to it. If thrown and it successfully penetrates the opponent, you steal 1% of their HP and one bar of their focus every second. In addition to that, the opponent's offensive skills are disabled for 5 seconds--making them unable to attack you.

Duration: 5s

Cooldown: 18s

Oh boy, idk why that took me longer than expected... but yeah, that's what I came up with so far. I was literally sitting at my computer just trying to come up with random ideas in my mind. I've came to the realization on how much work it actually takes to make a game...

Do you guys think some of them, if not all, could theoretically work in the official game? What were some of your favorites, and what else should be modified in order to improve the helpfulness of the skills while still keeping everything quite balanced? And do you think the duration/cooldowns of those skills could use a bit of tweaking? Or does it sound about right?

If you guys could come up with other ideas of defensive skills for certain classes, feel free to tell it. Let your imagination flow. :D

Yeah i know that after warden the theme is overpowered and unfun, but seriously think about these for a bit. How would it feel to fight against this? Especially against the more spammable ones... especially on classes that already have a 5 second (no f your attacks skill. How fun would it be to be able to damage your opponents only in 5 second windows every half minute?

Warlocks already are a monster in pvp, and now you want them to be immune to everything, no counterplay for 1/3rd of the time?

First of all, good that you have some ideas and you want to bring some changes to pvp since they were rly needed.

But i dont think new skills will change something.

In my opinion, they need to change the way 6v6 works. First of all, someone with pve stuff should do no dmg at all against someone with pvp gear.

Secondly, the way 6v6 ist just garbage. Its all about one shots. There is no skill at all because you just have to press 1 or atleast 2 buttons to kill someone in 1 second. It should be more like Arena without any skill reset sh**. It just destroys the game if you can reset your skills. Its impossible to get someone cced or in a cc chain because their tab is always rdy.

PLS NCSOFT change your 6v6 system and LISTEN TO YOUR COMMUNITY!!!

Archived