Shared DoT

Aion2BnS

Anybody know if two classes lay down a DoT skill does the person who used the skill last cancel out the 1st DoT and get credit for the damage?

For example, if a summoner uses petal storm toss (which lasts 6 secs) and 2nd summoner uses their's before the 6 seconds is up. If it does cancel, wouldn't it lower the dps of the 1st caster? Which in turn lowers the dps of the party? Or in somewhere like Koldrak's Lair your dps will be stunted by somebody in the same class as you.

Another example, if ice FM lays down cold snap. What happens when those cold snaps overlap? 

4 hours ago, RavTH said:

it will stack, it wont cancel.

This however, if another summoner uses petal storm or ivy poison it will not affect your skill boosts. Case and point: if you didnt use ivy poison yourself it wont trigger other skills that require it.

3 hours ago, Aion2BnS said:

Anyway to test this? I main a summoner and a FM but I'm sure all classes have some kind of DoT.

I know if I use petal storm toss (blue icon) on a boss and another summoner uses petal storm (pink icon) then my blue icon disappears.

the other petal storm only heals party members and blocks projectiles

10 hours ago, Aion2BnS said:

Anyway to test this? I main a summoner and a FM but I'm sure all classes have some kind of DoT.

I know if I use petal storm toss (blue icon) on a boss and another summoner uses petal storm (pink icon) then my blue icon disappears.

Highly doubt that since the protection petals do not affect the mobs but just the party for projectile block / hp recovery. If the boss lost the buffs its part of his mechanic where he clears the debuffs on him.

as far as this goes, the damage from the skills itself stack, so if you use poison ivy and another summoner uses poison ivy the damage will stack.

However if another summ uses ivy poison it will not boost your skills / damage output and trigger your abilities unless you use it yourself.

Archived