No Empyrean Spirit Stone reduction for Raven -> Storm Dragon/Exalted?

Soragami

This patch the amount of Empyrean Spirit Stones needed to upgrade from Riftwalk/Dawnforged to Storm Dragon/Exalted was reduced from 5 to 2.

But that is not the case when upgrading from Raven.

Since the only ones using Riftwalk weapons are Earth Destroyers, they're the only ones benefitting from this cost reduction, which I find pretty unfair.

Also when swapping from Storm Dragon/Exalted Stage 6 to Aransu Stage 6, you need another 5 Empyrean Spirit Stones amongst other materials.

Why is a weapon change, which isn't even an upgrade in terms of stages, so expensive?

I know that Aransu is much stronger for most classes, but it still doesn't make any sense, since getting to Storm Dragon/Exalted Stage 6 also isn't free.

The only difference is that the materials needed are from dungeons instead of raids.

Aransu isnt a weapon change, its a weapon upgrade. The only reason exalted / storm dragon exists is so you can save up on some materials and have it a bit cheaper.

So going from Storm Dragon / Exalted -> Aransu you are upgrading your weapon to the next stage, hence you need the spirit stones.

With the weapon proc changes they made for destroyers they should be able to directly go to raven / aransu and just skip out on the side ones.

Since the effects are very similar, that would mean that Riftwalk/Dawnforged -> Raven is also an upgrade and not just a weapon change. Where are the Empyrean Spirit Stones there? We never needed any. Even back when the upgrade from Seraph/Baleful still cost 10 stones.

And even without the spirit stones the change to Aransu is expensive enough.

Right now SD/EX Stage 6 -> Aransu Stage 6 actually costs much more than Raven Stage 9 -> Aransu Stage 3. That doesn't make any sense to me.

Raven 9 -> Aransu 3 is cheaper than SD/EX 6 -> Aransu 6 yes that is correct but you miss one important factor:

If you go Raven -> Aransu 3, the costs from Aransu 3 -> Aransu 6 are much much more than SD/EX -> Aransu 6 and that is why the side weapon path exists.

Archived