Crafting profession for main gunner?

Siara

Hello everyone,

I just can't seem to find a proper in-game guide for the crafting professions so I hope someone could do me the pleasure of giving me advice. I am back from a very very very long hiatus and am currently maining a gunner. What crafts are most useful to me and why after all these changes? If I missed a guide here or there please forgive me, I did try to use the search function.

Hope you have a nice day.

All crafting guilds are useful tbh however, 99% of the time, it is cheaper to purchase the items yourself instead of craft them. But, the two staples for everything class are Soul Wardens and Forgekeepers.

Aside from that, it's up to each person's tastes. Don't be afraid to change profession as it's fairly cheap to upgrade them to Max again, just takes a few days.

Thank you for the feedback. Could you enlighten me as to why those are the staples? And are there still gathering professions or only crafting professions? This new system is so very confusing. I can't seem to get a grip on it and the 'order' costs make my head spin as a low level player...

1 hour ago, Siara said:

Thank you for the feedback. Could you enlighten me as to why those are the staples? And are there still gathering professions or only crafting professions? This new system is so very confusing. I can't seem to get a grip on it and the 'order' costs make my head spin as a low level player...

Soul wardens will open up the chances to craft Soul shield Primers which are essential at mid to late game, they will provide extra stats for your soul shield. For example, a normal soul shield will give you some HP, Accuracy and Block, with Soul shield Primers, you can head into your dragon express and purchase primers to add whatever stats you want (ie. crit, defense, etc.)

Forgekeepers are a staple due to the Empyrean Spirit Stones, and Transformation Stones (both are essential for upgrading gear). The rest like Master Field Repair Tool kit (cheapest way to get them), Void Fragments (used for upgrading - simple alternative method of getting them), Ascendant Stones (used for upgrading - simple alternative method of getting them), Galaxy Fragment (used for upgrading - simple alternative method of getting them), etc. are all just simple added bonuses - like the cherry on top of the cake. 

Yeah, it's kinda confusing at first, but gathering professions are removed. The professions itself will have all the materials you need to craft them, first, you will need to purchase materials via gold (it should be the first thing you see in the crafting menu), once you have those, you will need items like soulstone, moonstone, sacred orb, etc. along with the materials related to the profession (ie. Soul Warden's materials are "Planks" whereas Forgekeeper's materials are "Bars") to craft the desire items.

So, say, if you pick Soul Wardens, in the beginning, you'll want to order some Planks, clicking on the "overall" option will give you 3 types of planks, the longer duration, the high amount of Planks you'll get, say for example, you order a 4-day batch, the amount of planks of the three types that you will get will be greater than say, a 6-hour batch or 1-day batch. The amount you get is RNG - all you need to do is hit "order" and wait (be careful, you can only place 3 orders, cancelling an order will not give back your gold or materials of any kind).

Once you've received your Planks, you'll then need to "upgrade" your profession, starting with the simpler orders at first such as "Soul Warden Keys", and so on. Most of the orders will give you some form of exp. which in turn will level up your profession. The higher the level, the more stuff you unlock, eventually maxing out at level 5 or 6 (I can't remember which) - obviously, the higher the level, the more exp you will need.

As a low level player, you really don't want to spend your time upgrading your profession, or crafting as your materials AND gold are scarce. Wait until you're at a higher level. However, you can check this out to give you a better understanding of what each profession you can offer you. 

Definitely don't be afraid to go through each profession yourself in-game, and like I said in the previous comment, don't be afraid to change your profession either - with the knowledge that it's probably cheaper to purchase the items themselves in the market (F5) than craft them of course - always check the prices ^^

Hope that helps? Maybe? If not, comment again and I shall clarify for you ^^ or even send me a PM.

Archived