The luck

Lucy wml

Hello everyone,
I play this game from long time, and I still can't understand about the percentage in this game and the Luck.
many of rewards like the chests or boxes have percentage to find something, but what is this percentage is ? 10%!! 1!! 0.0001% !!? there is nothing clearly about that!

someone of my friends find a great materials when they open the boxes and they open each box they got fast, I was do that too, but didn't get luck, so I tried to open like 100 boxes to see if I can find everything in the rewards % and understand about the percentage, but also I got bad luck, so what is the real percentage is ? or is that happen only for some player which someone can be all the time lucky and the other players not !? I don't know about the reward design work now, but I think it should work with all player with same chance lucky

Also for the Daily Dash, there is someone I know, he find a Venture Token every 3-4 days, but I didn't get that from more than 2 months ago, also can't find the Venture Token or other good rewards like (legendary gem hammer, 1k gold/100 gold, oil, every purple rewards in chest ...)  even if I opened more than 100 chests.

I bid many time like 200 gold for the elder dragon strongbox and get 100 gold, I never get 500 gold or more, but when other player take it they find 500 gold and one time was 5k.

I feel that there is a problem in the rewards luck, there is no equal for all player in this game with the luck even if we have a premium membership, I know that not only me who have this bad luck, so.

I suggest to make some change to the design of the chances to be more balance and clear, maybe something like if the chances bound to account or the character, in this way at least we can know that if we open 100 of same boxes we can find all the rewards with the %,  and that will be same for all players

If anyone have a good suggestions I hope you share it too.

Thanks

Luck plays a huge part in BNS sadly, or rather RNG - it is what keeps the game running, can you imagine what it would be like if everyone had BiS items?

The replay-ability of the game would drop quite hard until there's new content, the driving force behind BNS is farming, is continuously running the same dungeon over and over again in hopes for that item, just as luck is the driving force behind it's pay 2 advance/pay 2 skip like trove, mystery boxes, etc. - it keeps the players paying in hopes of getting that item.
Without people farming for, for example, in your case, great materials, players wouldn't log on daily to complete their runs and then repeat the same thing on their alts once they've received their desire item.
But, that's not to say that there's no "static luck", there has, for example the Cryptograms, etc.

As far as i understand it, the way RNG works here is quite different to normal type % chance. RNG rolls a number, typically a number from 1 to 100 from a seed that has been assigned to it. This seed tells RNG as to what numbers it can roll at that specific moment. The seed is then reset and re-chosen from a numerous number of possible precoded seeds. This method gives an easy illusion of pure chance and randomness.

Thing is if for example Venture tokens are assigned to drop when you roll a number of 25 or 50 then you only have a chance to get that item if you open the chest that at this time happens to use a seed setup which has 1 of these 2 numbers assigned to it. Simple example would be, Person A opens first chest that selects and uses a seed nr.1. Seed has numbers 10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80 and 90 assigned to it. What this means is with Seed nr.1 person A has literally 0 chances of getting a venture token from that first chest. Person A opens a second chest, this time chest selects and uses a seed nr.2. This time seed has numbers 15,25,35,45,55,65,75,85 and 95 assigned to it. So this time around he has 1/9 chance of getting a venture token from that chest. Rince and repeat. This is just a simple example as to how RNG works. In the real game these assigned numbers and the way they are assigned probably are way different to what i just described.

This is why some people also almost never get anything good from their chests after 200 chests or something and why some people constantly get a good item from chests. They get lucky with the seed and have a really good chance of getting a really good item.

Archived