Newbie BD Looking for Pointers.

Jephunneh

For the elemental path... there's never a right or wrong answer, but rather what you prefer. Wind is less reliant on animation cancelling and has more mobbing capability, while Lightning is more 1v1-oriented and utilizes animation cancels to maintain DPS.

For Soul Badges, I do not know much about Wind, sadly as I play Lightning, in which case, the two best options available for you right now would be Courage (purple) or Primal Force (Green). Ideally, you'd want Courage, as it's ability helps quickly reset your C's cooldown and maintain the Electric Surge almost indefinitely. If you're unable to gain 70 Courage Tokens to purchase it, however, save up Solar Energy from doing Daily Challenge to get the Primal Force badge, which lowers the cooldown of Flaming Scourge (which helps keep your Electric Focus up).

This is a spreadsheet that shows the effects of all the soul badges, mystic badges and other accessories. Consider using this to figure out what works best for you:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tpgl2YdB6cNjsb2CTrIRqesa1wVs4x0fHfAnzLtgisw/htmlview?sle=true

4 hours ago, SilverFoxR said:

For the elemental path... there's never a right or wrong answer, but rather what you prefer. Wind is less reliant on animation cancelling and has more mobbing capability, while Lightning is more 1v1-oriented and utilizes animation cancels to maintain DPS.

For Soul Badges, I do not know much about Wind, sadly as I play Lightning, in which case, the two best options available for you right now would be Courage (purple) or Primal Force (Green). Ideally, you'd want Courage, as it's ability helps quickly reset your C's cooldown and maintain the Electric Surge almost indefinitely. If you're unable to gain 70 Courage Tokens to purchase it, however, save up Solar Energy from doing Daily Challenge to get the Primal Force badge, which lowers the cooldown of Flaming Scourge (which helps keep your Electric Focus up).

This is a spreadsheet that shows the effects of all the soul badges, mystic badges and other accessories. Consider using this to figure out what works best for you:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tpgl2YdB6cNjsb2CTrIRqesa1wVs4x0fHfAnzLtgisw/htmlview?sle=true

Thanks a lot. that spreadsheet helps me a ton

• 3 weeks later...

I can shed some light to Wind BD, as I play both wind/lightning.

While I don't have full knowledge to wind BD (and afaik, wind is going to get changes in future updates that'll make its badge combination I'm using now voided), but aiming for Eternity Soul Badge + Skyrift Mystic Badge is what you seek for Wind, and MSP is more than enough to reset your cooldowns and keep things bursty.

But before you think about getting the above mentioned, prioritize getting HM Z asap. Without this, Eternity is useless.

Once you have these, you'll see a substantial difference in DPS.

Archived