Returning player: Obsolete Weapon/Skills Assignment Issues

MichelleZhivago

Hello all,

I have been away from the game for some time, Close to a year, I believe. My guild died, players moved to other servers and all that. Upon logging in again this week, I see that my weapon and indeed the "weapon track" itself is no longer valid. I only have the one weapon. Players in game said to simply "salvage" it. But typically, salvaging converts items from what they were to some other hopefully useful thing but I do not want other useful things. I need a weapon. Will salvaging the obsolete weapon convert that weapon into a working up-to-date one? Or, how do I get another weapon ingame? 

Also, as others have dealt with during previous updates, I have no "skill points" assigned and no skills. Previously, you basically just selected the skills but it appeared, in the brief time that I was online, that skills acquisition may be more complicated than just clicking on a selected skill and it being added if there is an unassigned skill point available. Am I sent to some area to "train" on these skills prior to adding them? (If this second subject is too complicated, is there a topic in forums that deals with assigning skills?) 

I am at the level cap limit-at least the limit as it was last year of L50. I do have one alt. at L43 with similar weapon and skills issues. Thank you for your time and any answers.

Michelle

1. what weapon do you have? there was a system that happened a while back that they replaced weapons so you had to salvage your old weapon to receive the new stronger weapon but i don't know what weapon you have so i can't say for certain (but yes if you do need to salvage it you will get a new weapon) [here is one link to weapon streamlining it is kind of outdate now since they changed weapons once again but yeah i don't know what weapon you do have and i can't seem to find the other article about weapon changes] 

Its really easy to get legendary (baleful/seraph) now so if you don't already have them (and have finished act 6 i think) then get some naryu silver and go to grand harvest square in silverfrost and there's a merchant by a wheel where you can get baleful/seraph for naryu silver and you can reroll as many times as you can to get 6 gem slots 

Also you should finish the story quests because you will get gear like a soul and good soul shields (and ultimate skills) 

2. skill points don't exist anymore, now you can pull up skill menu (k) and pick between two elements depending on your class, and change between different skill options. The training room (f12) is just for you to test out those skills and learn your class (here's an article link for the skill updates and training room)

Thank you for the response. I knew I forgot something:

My Level 50 character has an Awakened Breeze Bangle, Stage 10.

My Level 46 character has a True Blight Bangle, Stage 10.

Also, I have 38 available Training Sessions for both characters. I just click on that and I go somewhere to train and add each skill that I have the points available for?

Thank you, Michelle

If you hover over the weapon, the tooltip should show exactly what salvaging the weapon will give you.
For example my alt alt summoner's olde staff 
HMsolLN.png

In my case it's a Golden Deva staff, which you can easily get from story or spinning the wheel, so I opted to keep the old weapon for mementos.

Just remember to remove any weapon skins you might have on before you salvage, or else its gone and you'll have to write a ticket to support~

11 hours ago, MichelleZhivago said:

Thank you for the response. I knew I forgot something:

My Level 50 character has an Awakened Breeze Bangle, Stage 10.

My Level 46 character has a True Blight Bangle, Stage 10.

Also, I have 38 available Training Sessions for both characters. I just click on that and I go somewhere to train and add each skill that I have the points available for?

Thank you, Michelle

1. Awakened breeze should be salvageable into true ivorymoon (+18 gem hammers +5gold) but i'm pretty sure that weapon is outdated now too, i think after salvaging it to ivorymoon you'll be able to salvage it again to possibly scaleburn??? not sure. My biggest advice on that character is to just complete story and [there's not much to do before finishing story quest now anyways] collect naryu silver to exchange in harvest square for baleful(dark)/seraph(light) weapon (i think fm goes bale but not sure i don't really play fm) 

also remember to keep exchanging silvers for weapon boxes until you get 6 gem slots because a weapon without six gem slots is bad 

also also before salvaging that weapon make sure you take off all your gems and weapon skins if you have one on it (to remove skin go to change appearance > separate appearance) 

2. true blight salvages into profane weapon, and on that character you should just get weapons after that with the story quest so just use whatever the story gives you

3. the training room is just where you can practice skills and learn your class, you are always be able to change what skills you have on. Like i said you don't have points anymore, you just select what element you want to use at the top left of the skill(K) menu (for fm that would be fire or ice) then you just change whatever skill you want to have on. I recommend just going to the training room and going through all the training skills so you can see what each skill does and decide what skills you want to have on. Here's a video guide on the skill tree update that'll hopefully help you!~

Archived