Hardmode Dungeons

xRodin

I love a challenge, and I love running hard mode dungeons. Besides the joy of beating said challenge, there is nothing else to gain with this current reward system... Players have little incentive to run any dungeons in hard mode. The rewards are slightly better than normal mode, including double the draken fragments and double the drop rate of the legendary accessory. The problem with this is clearing it in normal mode is 3, maybe 4 times faster than hard mode. With the extremely large HP increases and high chance of wiping, the loot does not feel rewarding for the players that completed this challenge. 

I encourage NCWEST to consider increasing the rewards at the end of hard mode dungeons. Not necessarily just increasing the legendary drop rate or adding more lucent chests, but having a chance for items like premium stones, aransu orbs, sacred oils, transcendence engines etc. to drop. Make the rewards enticing enough that players actively look for hard mode dungeons in F8.

18 hours ago, xRodin said:

I love a challenge, and I love running hard mode dungeons. Besides the joy of beating said challenge, there is nothing else to gain with this current reward system... Players have little incentive to run any dungeons in hard mode. The rewards are slightly better than normal mode, including double the draken fragments and double the drop rate of the legendary accessory. The problem with this is clearing it in normal mode is 3, maybe 4 times faster than hard mode. With the extremely large HP increases and high chance of wiping, the loot does not feel rewarding for the players that completed this challenge. 

I encourage NCWEST to consider increasing the rewards at the end of hard mode dungeons. Not necessarily just increasing the legendary drop rate or adding more lucent chests, but having a chance for items like premium stones, aransu orbs, sacred oils, transcendence engines etc. to drop. Make the rewards enticing enough that players actively look for hard mode dungeons in F8.

People arent really runing HM dungeons in general, and it has nothing really to do with the rewards, but simply because its hard to get experienced people for the HM party, plus in the time you would do 1 HM run you can easily do 1-3 normal mode runs considering you dont really need mechs and just burst through it and get the tokens to exchange for the legendary items.

I think it is time to remove hard mode for DT, EC, NF, and NS. Simply because they don't offer much. To do hard mode, you need high AP and good gears to tank/dps through the boss (in addition to do all the mech correctly). However, what do you get in return? A legendary that worths 1 copper? (to be honest, 99% of the players who run hard mode already have the legendary stuff and it is not even hard to exchange the cores for the legendary now.)

Only the new legendary from EL, SSM, and HH worth something nowadays. Even if people don't bid on the legendary drops, they still worth 100 golds. So, in the end, it will be about 18g split per person. Plus, the engine from IF still worth quite a bit as well. 

Archived