Super Raid?

KoldSoul

Hey guys, just general discussion here but I was curious if there's been any thought given to creating like, a 40 or so man minimum (but scaling difficulty based on # of participants), legitimate clan raid?  Perhaps with a weekly clan buff that stacks 4 times and resets every month? Just thinking out loud here for ways to get large clans all playing together?  Thoughts?

Sounds very similar to WoW's Flex Raiding where you can bring in anywhere between 10 - 30 and the boss health and damage scales with the amount of people there are inside the instance. 

The issue that the WoW team ran into is Sweet Spots. Bringing in 13 players was infinitely easier than bringing in 14 players since 14 would increase the damage and health of the boss by too much for a proper raid comp. Not to mention, the amount of on-ground mechanics that would go out would also increase along with the amount of people needed for a Soak mechanic, People needed at max range, etc to avoid a wipe.

The only other problem I see is the Loot Reward::Difficulty. There is no way I would ever bring in 30-ish people for 1 Accessory, 3 SS, and assorted mats. The last time the Loot Reward::Difficulty was THAT bad was in Vanilla WoW in Molten Core ( 40 people, 2 pieces of loot off a boss.)

So if the BnS team can figure out a way to fix these things (and optimize the game to not have 1k MS with 18 MORE people in the raid), I could see it happening.

Archived