New to the game! & Verifying files every time

dumblid

Hello! Im new to the game I dont understand much so I have to request to make.

1. Every time I launch the game it takes like 2-3 minutes to verify the files, is that normal? or is there something I could do so it doesnt have to verify every time?
2. I come from AION so I dont understand much about this game, theres a short summary you guys could make me to guide me a little bit? Im a summoner (I couldnt choose between summoner and warlock but I went with summoner at the end lol). I read a couple guides but they're kinda all over the place. What should be my main focus while leveling?

Well, thanks in advance you guys!

1) Yes that's normal. Nope there's no way for you to disable it so it doesn't do that each time, unfortunately. 

2) I don't play as a Summoner but you don't really need to focus on much if you're still leveling. The real grind begins when you hit 55 and end the main story. There are side stories, one where you need to go to Khanda Vihar and one where you go to Temple of Eluvium. You won't be able to do VT (term for Temple of Eluvium) for a while, it's one of the harder endgame dungeons. So focus on getting into BT (Skybreak Spire) raids and getting elemental accessories and such. 

By the end of the story you'll be around HM 6-8, you can press P and put Hongmoon points into your AP or HP. The amount of points varies with your HM level. These can be changed at any time. 

Blue quests aren't really important, the Old Man Cho one is however. It's a purple quest and it'll allow you to run up walls and such, which is basically a requirement at some parts in the story and in dungeons/raids. 

Youll get a pet/pet aura from the story, which can be upgraded with pet pods. These give you more HP. 

So just focus on the main quest for now, leveling is easy but it slows down once you finish the story and have to grind for gear in dungeons. 

what @xInikox said is definitly right, the yellow quest will give you what you need...

You can also switch around elements at any time and see which one you like most. That beeing said, I felt that earth was easier to lvl up with, as you got less focus problems, but feel free to use what you want, you are not doing things wrong with wind.

What you might want to do is reskill your skill on 3 (the flower storm). by default you got the pink one. that helps you to not get hit by ranged projectiles, which is nice, but there are not that many projectiles in the story ;) so that is kinda a waste...

to reskill, hit K, then there is a small checkbox at the top of the window, only show skillable skills or something like that. check that, and you only see the skills you can change functions of. Now on the right side you see the pink icon for the flower storm (petal storm? maybe, sorry don't know the english name) and you can change it to the blue one. now just save at the bottom, and your 3 now does aoe damage ;)

And although you probably figured that out by now, send in your cat first and press q (should be taunt by default I think), and you can hit the mobs freely. You can also change your z to party heal while you are at it (I think it is on cat heal by default), That way you can heal yourself and the cat, which is really nice (plus other people if you are in a party for whatever reason)

Do you guys recommend doing the blue quests while leveling up?

Atm, I'm a returning player and started new character (since with old main would be too confusing due changes) and leveling (at lv21 now).

Currently doing all the quests available but feels like a lot and tiresome.

But I think only doing yellow quests would't be enough to level, gear and gold.. or am I wrong?

Kind regards

5 hours ago, DeniedGamingz said:

Do you guys recommend doing the blue quests while leveling up?

Atm, I'm a returning player and started new character (since with old main would be too confusing due changes) and leveling (at lv21 now).

Currently doing all the quests available but feels like a lot and tiresome.

But I think only doing yellow quests would't be enough to level, gear and gold.. or am I wrong?

Kind regards

...very wrong lmao. 

Blue quests are a waste of time, the main story will give you the right amount of XP to hit 55 (max level) quickly. The yellow quests/main story actually give you gear lmao. So yeah, don't bother with blue quests anymore. Waste of time. 

The blue quests are obsolete now.  But what I found was that doing them especially if it sent me to the same spot to do a story quest it is still decent exp and if you premium just a tad bit more copper or silver which can add up.  I am just now getting to where the ploggles are i think is how it is spelled and I am level 47 now on my warlock.  By time i hit silverfrost mountains i will be almost 50 and once you hit 50 all experience after that goes to hongmoon experience until I think when you hit act 8.  I made a gunner as well lol.  But keep in mind I do not mind questing leveling as i play the game for fun and not so much for end game tho I do work towards it on my gunslinger more.  Perhaps if I was in a guild I would be more motivated to actually care about end game but doing f8 pug groups in the dungeons I can do I am ok with at least for now.  By the time my gunslinger finished the main story quest to the end I was at Hongmoon Level 9 I believe does not seem like much but I think is better than if i did just the yellow quest the entire way. 

Archived