Newbie leveling a character and Lost Continent Pack

Kichwas

I'm new here, I'm leveling my first two characters and up to level 12 and 11... (I can't decide whether I like blade master or warlock, so I'm just jumping back and forth).

(I'm going a little slow right now because I'm just playing for a few minutes a day in the evening while on an overseas trip).

Because I have a very old but always active NCSoft account, I qualified for the Lost Continent Pack.

Now I'm wondering - is the level 50 thing only useable on a newly made character, or can it be used as a booster?

Can I actually choose to 'not' use it, but still give all the other items to my current level 12, when that character finally hits 50? (My ideal choice here - I would like to level one character all the way through the story, and then use the other items in the pack to get an equipment jump when going forward - and save the level thing for an alt or the other one of the two characters I've already started). Is this all stuff that can be mailed around between assorted characters until it's actually used?

go warlock if u like defensive style, go bm if u like frontal offensive attak, btw why not gunner? gunner is OP class right now, both pve/pvp they are OP, imagine u only stage 9 weapon can beat dps stage 12 weapon and they will not getting nerf.

Some gunner weapon material  tradeable while other class not, its means u need to run boring glomdross dungeon with full afk/bot/leecher many times until get the weapon box

Don't listen to the guy above. Gunner is nowhere near OP, it just has high dps and it absolutely sucks in pvp and there is already a patch coming to nerf their damage in KR. Pick a class based on whether or not you have fun with it, not because it is supposedly "OP", doing that will cut your time short in BnS since you will be bored with the grinding plus doing it with a class that you don't enjoy to begin with. To answer your other questions, lvl 50 voucher can only be used with a new character meaning you make a new character using the voucher. Items will most likely be put into your received items box so it doesn't matter if you create a lvl 50 char or not.

43 minutes ago, ClassicMan said:

Don't listen to the guy above. Gunner is nowhere near OP, it just has high dps and it absolutely sucks in pvp and there is already a patch coming to nerf their damage in KR. Pick a class based on whether or not you have fun with it, not because it is supposedly "OP", doing that will cut your time short in BnS since you will be bored with the grinding plus doing it with a class that you don't enjoy to begin with. To answer your other questions, lvl 50 voucher can only be used with a new character meaning you make a new character using the voucher. Items will most likely be put into your received items box so it doesn't matter if you create a lvl 50 char or not.

at least give some pointer about fun class from u suggest, i admit playing sin really fun, killing your opponent one by one, but with ping 200-250ms?? ->goodbye

and with the patch coming to nerf gunner, gunner still op and top dps

wl more to pve as a support class, wl sb only benefit for party, if u change to time distortion in dungeon, many ppl will mad at u, so u will force to use sb than td, and give them the top dps pleasure because sb crit damage while u wl get on bottom tier dps

of course for free level 50 voucher in 6 dec i will make a gunner, fast attack, fast burst damage, fast escape xD

#btw i have a picture a gunner with gear bellow me make a more dps than me in msp

Thanks folks.

I started playing MMOs in 2005 - so I'm an old hat to concept and to making my choices for classes.

Warlock IS against type for me (I almost only play tanks, and when not a tank, I'm a healer). But it's similar to themes I've been exploring in Guild Wars 2: defensive ranged with some interesting gimmicks. And I like the animations. Gun characters rarely appeal to me - and I didn't care for the animations of the gun character here. So far I haven't found the animations of the melee choices appealing, save for the blade master... But I'm going to mess around with a KFM for a bit to be certain before I 'focus'.

I generally only do PvE, and I've been with the concept for a long time - so I never pick based on what is "powerful" because that radically changes over the years... I've gone whole expansions of some MMOs doing perfectly fine on the "ruined useless class" and seen countless forumites posting angry rants at devs over a class I was doing perfectly fine on, and getting into the groups I desired - because I figured my niche.

That said... figuring out how this lost continent deal will work is key to planning which of the two I'm working with I intend to level and which I will boost... Because one of them is going to get deleted on Dec 6th... so I can make it again with the same name... and I'll have to pass the outfit I bought back and forth a bit to get it from the character I'll delete over to the new one. (I figure the outfit transfer tokens, buying 2x what I need to transfer, so I can send the outfit to the other character, then delete the one that had it, remake with boots, and pass the outfit to the "new" character...

I wouldn't worry much, the continent pack should be straightforward. It will most likely appear as an unpack-able item in your "received items". Once you unpack it, it should expand into all the different goodies including a lvl50 generation voucher. The goodies can go to any char, the voucher will be used up once you generate a new lvl 50 from login screen. So you can level your favourite character, give them the goodies and remake your second choice as a lvl 50 on 6th December. Should be no problem. :)

By the way love your play style, pity you are playing NA. Would invite you into our clan otherwise. ;)

Archived