This is not a rant post

poisonedOcean

For real.

Actually I don't even get  the point of ranting and whining about a game that you whiner plays EVERY single day. It's like... spending you time with something that you hate and being mad about it.

BUT (and that's one big but), something must be pointed.

The way how the things are being driven and decisions are being made, makes me remember of a sad story, of how a blizzard killed a great title. A title hyped and awaited over a decade, a strong name; so strong that sold millions of copies in the very first week of its release, made the bliz..., i mean, the company that I would not mention, rich AF. The weight... the power of that title was unparalleled, in such a way that even if  they were selling a Hello Kitty's game under that name to an adult male straight audience, it will sell millions of copies anyway. Actually, it's something very like it that happened: a garbage game was sold, updated and patched to oblivion until it became another game*. And millions of $ were made in the first days of sale. People bought that name, and those who didn't knew it yet, believed in the massive, near-homeric marketing campaign. And in matter of few months, they left the game. Most of them not even wasted their time complaining about in the forums. Player base just vanished... beign replaced by a few millennials that not even know what good game looks like.

We know, there's a lot of differences between that unknown forgotten game; starting by that one wasn't a F2P model. But this difference is the main point too. That company didn't need to keep the player base playing to make profit.

BnS needs to.

So, the NC devs must have a bigger attention while listening the community, not only the numbers and graphics. Because, as we learned from the sad story above,  numbers can be a bit deceiving until it's too late. Even though the profits may be ascending (and I don't think it's the case), the business model of BnS seems to be against it's western community. This last update was so inexplicably  buggy and with non-announced, off-records, uncharted changes that made think some theories, as following:

- NCWest is just a publisher with no decision power AT ALL, just copying+pasting what the Korean R&D commands;

- R&D (Research and development) is based only in Korean/eastern playerbase, maybe the main source of profit.

Whatever is the case, the community seems quite stressed with last changes, besides the fact that paying players (myself included) are feeling squeezed for more, and more money getting too little in return.

I won't ask for some specific changes cuz it's not a rant-about-something post. (And there' a lot of recent post about all that I could complain now) It's a suggestion to professionals that I respect, that are working in a game that l love. A suggestion that you listen to your community. Don't let any player love or enjoy your game more than yourselves. Work with the players. Hire committed players if needed. 

And the rest will follow.

*I bought Diablo3 in the pre-order and half an year later, the updates made it become so different, that it, not only was a crappy  game, but also wasn't the same product I bought in the first place.

So, I won't bother reading the post. It's way too long.

Just from the first few sentences, the reason why people "whine" over this game is because we like it. I care a lot about this game and I have been since I began playing it at launch. I want this game to succeed, so I criticize when NC does something bad, and praise when NC does something good. 

Archived