Stuck on Act IV, Chap 8. Please Help

Fortyniners

I am a HM3 Force Master and am on Act IV, Chapter 8, "The Black Pillars". I am now at the point where I have to kill Livid Lord Garu. I've probably died about 20 times trying to do this and the best I have been able to do was to get him down to 70% or so. I've different combinations of my 15 HM points, from 100% in attack to 100% in defense, but nothing works. Is there some trick to killing him that I might be missing? OI notice all these Blackrams standing around, but they don't do anything.  So I am absolutely stuck and cannot advance. Any help or ideas?

Did you stay far away from the boss at all time? You will have to stay close to the boss (within 3m) to avoid the spam aoe range attack from boss. Also, it is a good chance to know your class now and what skills do for your class. You can't just lmb and rmb to kill the boss.

you need to stay close and try to stay alive bc when you get him down to a certain % hp the npcs jump in and help you kill him but if you die he obv refills his hp and the npcs stop killing him and return to their original position

• 1 year later...

i was also having issues with Garu using my FM, so yea what you want to do is:

1: Stay directly under him

2: He is programmed to toss you 2 different times, your survival is dependant on how fast you can get back exactly under him.

3: If he "lobs AOE anyway" which causes the ground directly under him to be "death area" where you need to be you'll have to take the death and reset the fight until he doesn't.

Archived