Possible solution for all suffering random disconnects with error code 1000 132

Amarathiel

After getting too many random disconnects at wrong times i decided to investigate the possible causes. Little you know i actually found out the reason for it and how to solve it, though this fix is not guaranteed to work for everyone's disconnect problems.

Cause of the disconnect:

Digging up windows error informations i found out that the disconnect was being caused by DHCP server's IP address expiration. what this means is after set period of time your IP address, which is connected to ncsoft, expires causing seemingly a random disconnect. Normally this wouldnt cause a problem as your PC will automatically renew the address near instantly but in Blade and Soul's case this IP address renewal process causes a disconnection.

How to fix it:

To fix this you need to access your router's settings and from there you need to change IP address Leasing Time and then restart it. This leasing time is the time your address stays valid. default setting for this value normally is 24h(86400 seconds as some routers show the value) but this value can change for whatever reason. So change this value to 86400 or 24h or more and you wont get random disconnects again.

Let me know if this helps anyone to eliminate the pesky disconnects that plague us.

Archived