Issues w/ the current event

Qwoz

A month ago i was looking at whether I should get a soul badge, it'd cost around 700g and that was something that felt to far-fetched. Here last week when the event was announced, I're pretty damn excited, because it sounded to me as I'd be able to finally get one. Just to realize that the fact that tokens are of limited supply has made it, so that the cost of them has essentially doubled and the price range i'm looking at is around 710g, which funnilly enough is even more expensive. 

As i genuinely believe that you guys on the dev side are trying to reach out to the demography that has yet to have a chance of getting the older soul badges, i feel that this event has missed out on what it could possibly be. I'm hoping that this will reach you guys, because in my opinion this genuinely is a huge issue.

Also, why's Blackwyrm still here? :P

I agree the event was not well thought out in my opinion. It's fine that you put a fleeting soul badge chest with the possibility to get a permanent one I haven't seen it but know a few that got it so I know it's a possible prize. Now for the event itself the amount of chest you get seems fine and the chance to test soul badges to see if they are what you expected is great even the 1 hour after opening is ok. My issue with said event is that after the hour you just sell the soul badge for 3 copper and that if you want to buy a permanent badge you still need half the tokens which leave a lot of new players coming in at the mercy of greedy players selling tokens at a inflated price taking advantage of the situation doesn't seem worth it to be consider an event.

What I suggest as a solution is that once a soul badge times out it gets transmuted into a piece of the token needed to buy said expired soul badge. simple enough, right? This way you slowly start accumulating tokens fragments to combine into the tokens needed to buy the badges in the event. What I see that doing is giving people more incentive to go grind to get more chest to try and save for the badge they want also it will create more tokens in circulation to be sold if you choose to sell it which will make buying tokens more reasonable and not so limited. End result being people being happy with event and actually getting a soul badge which I believe is what the event was intended to do versus the way it is now that people not even getting the badge they just getting pearl and thinking what to get cause a badge is out of reach for the new players and just tormenting older players who just didn't manage to get enough token from when said token was in season.     

The actual point of the event was so that you could salvage the temp "fleeting" ones for a few tokens or maybe fragments, but NCwest peeps either didnt see the reason for us to have that, or it wasnt apart of the code they recived from the KR team.  That was ment so that you could use the 1 hour one to see if you liked it, then kept getting boxes in hopes of getting enough frags or tokens so you could make it perm. As is, you get 3c. I do like the other stuff thats apart of it, but over all, its a decent break from a grindy event like the CB event. Which is needed sometimes.

Archived