Riftwalk vs Raven destro drama thoughts?

Nainty

So, there has recently been a bit of drama and trash talking between two fairly known destroyers. OCDenhanced and Praetor19. In short Praetor says raven is better and people shouldn't go riftwalk and OCD says Raven is only better by a small amount and as far as consistency they are pretty close and the gap will close even more when we get another 3 stages of riftwalk, he also says considering how much more expensive raven is then riftwalk it's not worth it for the avg non whale. 

I know riftwalk becomes best for us when VT is released and we get the SS and Badge but for now can anyone give an unbiased opinion on what a non whale should upgrade to? I have the option of both but raven will cost me wayyy more. Is the DPS difference huge enough to justify it do you guys think?

That thread has some comparisons of people using both weapons and raven is doing 30% more.

When you get to raven/riftwalk you hardly have to use lmb at all, I just watched OCDs comparison videos and he plays far from the highest dps rotation.  If you look at the damager per cleave in his videos riftwalk is doing 26-36k cleaves while raven is doing 35-50k cleaves.  Raven is the clear winner currently if you're playing for maximum dps.  As an example, I have 0 BT gear, no bracelet, and using the enigma mystic badge I can pull between 80-90k.  OCD has a lot of room for improvement.

I use riftwalk btw, since I don't care to raid.

11 minutes ago, TJXX said:

That thread has some comparisons of people using both weapons and raven is doing 30% more.

When you get to raven/riftwalk you hardly have to use lmb at all, I just watched OCDs comparison videos and he plays far from the highest dps rotation.  If you look at the damager per cleave in his videos riftwalk is doing 26-36k cleaves while raven is doing 35-50k cleaves.  Raven is the clear winner currently if you're playing for maximum dps.  As an example, I have 0 BT gear, no bracelet, and using the enigma mystic badge I can pull between 80-90k.  OCD has a lot of room for improvement.

I use riftwalk btw, since I don't care to raid.

Thanks, I understand that raven currently is king atm but my question is by how much? Is it worth the thousands of gold more when I could spend that extra gold on other upgrades, since I'm not a whale it does take sometime to make that gold. Are you riftwalk 1 still or are you pulling 90k dps with stage 3? Also, what about raven/riftwalk makes it so you spam rmb so much? I only spam rmb when greater cleave is down atm. Cheers. 

Most your questions are answered already in my response and that thread. 

You get to spam rmb because at that gear level your soul gives focus recovery, your pet can give focus recover, mighty cleave gives focus recovery, and weapon reset procs give focus recovery.

ok ill sum nearly everything in the from the other thread. As well as some personal thoughts.

Raven is king right now, it far exceeds anything riftwalk can do....ATM.

Once VT hits and earth destroyers get 8pc shields (20% cdr on Fury) the Mystic Badge (+4 seconds and a nuke) with the riftwalk weapon (30% cdr on Fury) it pulls ahead of Raven for Earth, and ONLY earth.

If you have any intention of playing shadow, go raven, shadow does not benefit from riftwalk as much as it sounds. I personally perfer shadow in ToI over Earth, thus i will continue to upgrade that weapon even if im a main earth player. 

Now for the last question....If you are just now picking up the possibility of going raven, then you might as well do it. The chances of you making it into a VT raid are pretty much slim to none. As it stands on Mushin/OMC only about 4-5 guilds have any chance of actually doing anything meaningful in there. VT will not be puggable as it is not even remotely puggable in KR. Maybe boss 1, but thats as much as i would know. Praetor himself and all of his wisdom does not have alot of gear from VT. That just goes to show you how actually hard it is going to be. 

to TL:DR Go raven if you want to increase your dps and are not concerned about getting into a very high end guild to get the stuff needed to benefit from using riftwalk.

I have to make a correction here due to new information about how raids will be handled.

If you have 11 other competent friends, then VT might be possible, but understand it is still probably going to be very very hard. 

This information on reducing the number of people required is huge, which will open up the gates for people that might not be able to swing getting into 24's but 12s are much much more doable. 

So now the question is, WHEN will this happen, in the discords i hang out in, there are a few people that play on the KR servers, and they stated this is all stuff going around on the beta now, which means we might not see it for awhile, so i would say for the here and now, go Raven for gains and slowly build a riftwalk. I personally have already built a riftwalk 3 and had a raven 6 before i started it. So best bet would be to get both, yes its a pain, yes its expensive, but is it worth it? Long run i believe so.

• 3 weeks later...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that in this current patch Raven is better. The only point at which Riftwalk will become better is STAGE 9. Until then, raven is stronger. The reason I and other destros have gone riftwalk is because mainly because of cost. The raven weapon believe it or not, takes time and gold to get. Which some people like myself find pointless because riftwalk will eventually become stronger than raven.

Now just so we understand the difference between the two weapons

Raven Buff

30 second duration

+20 (24) ap per stack

Gives chance to proc 1200%-1500% (1500%-1800%) damage

Changes into true Raven on 5 stacks

True Raven Buff

7 (9) second duration

+100 (120) ap

100% crit rate

Recovers 10% focus on crit

Gives chance to proc 1200%-1500% (1500%-1800%) damage

Resets all cooldowns when buff expires

Sky Shatter effect

Attack Power +22 per stack.

Stack up to 5 times and it unleashes its "true power"

10 second duration

Ap+110

Crit Rate +100%

Recovers 10%focus on crit hit

Triggers additional dmg equal to 4,200% of Ap up to 5 times

Resets all cooldowns when the effect wears off.

Basically the same shit.., one effect is 3 stages better.

Archived