Founder returning after months, expansion? xD Do I have wrong impressions?

Iesdise

Ohai, logged after a few months quit just to see how stuff goes.

First thing I noticed were new yellow quests, yay, always loved those ;D Saw skill tree changed, but as I remember watching korean streams they have the oldschool tree. If we get stuck with this one and game ends up being different after the eventual catchup I would be really sad tbh. If we revert back to the old one that's fine, new one ain't bad as long as it won't be permanent. :D Anyways, saw some complicated evolve trees, but a few other extra cool features, so far I'm quite excited to see how it goes since HM levels don't grant extra points now, but those strange stats. If they have no effect in arena that would be awesome, hated the fact that I had to grind to be competitive in 1v1 arena.
Are my impressions wrong? xD What are your thoughts of the game atm? Worth it the time learning the new stuff?

38 minutes ago, Iesdise said:

Ohai, logged after a few months quit just to see how stuff goes.

First thing I noticed were new yellow quests, yay, always loved those ;D Saw skill tree changed, but as I remember watching korean streams they have the oldschool tree. If we get stuck with this one and game ends up being different after the eventual catchup I would be really sad tbh. If we revert back to the old one that's fine, new one ain't bad as long as it won't be permanent. :D Anyways, saw some complicated evolve trees, but a few other extra cool features, so far I'm quite excited to see how it goes since HM levels don't grant extra points now, but those strange stats. If they have no effect in arena that would be awesome, hated the fact that I had to grind to be competitive in 1v1 arena.
Are my impressions wrong? xD What are your thoughts of the game atm? Worth it the time learning the new stuff?

Yo about skill tree we have. This is newest one which all regions got. Dont know where you saw those streams but all versions have same right now. We only dont have lvl 55 (ultimate) skills yeat.However as you dont need skill points you still need hm skill books :)

Am a founder returning to the game too and my impression is the changes they made to the game are amazing. Who ever came up with the new skill system did a very good job.

New upgrade path with elemental seems interesting. Overall BNS is in a very good position than it was in at start.

1 hour ago, Saksoy said:

Am a founder returning to the game too and my impression is the changes they made to the game are amazing. Who ever came up with the new skill system did a very good job.

New upgrade path with elemental seems interesting. Overall BNS is in a very good position than it was in at start.

Well, if it stays but we don't differ from other regions I'm up for the change. Got some mixed feelings about it tho, easier is not always better, but glad we don't get extra points to spend from HM Levels.
I saw that elemental thing and I don't really know what it is (haven't bothered to research yet too tho) so could someone sum it up? :D

8 minutes ago, Iesdise said:

Well, if it stays but we don't differ from other regions I'm up for the change. Got some mixed feelings about it tho, easier is not always better, but glad we don't get extra points to spend from HM Levels.
I saw that elemental thing and I don't really know what it is (haven't bothered to research yet too tho) so could someone sum it up? :D

From what i saw in the upgrade path the accessories comes with wind and fire damage but you do lose some other stats like critical damage and power.  I was told if my crit stays over 50% i should go ahead and use them if i wanted to.

They probably changed the skillsystem because of Arena-PvP. It's more balanced now as you don't need skillpoints - you just need to unlock HM skills. HM points are purely used for PvE (aside vom 6v6) now.

As for elemental damage...

Elemental equip grants you elemental damage but often takes away other stats that were improved by previous equip.

Lets take Zakhan (Citadel) Shadow Earring for example.

You lose 15-20% in critical damage, but you gain ~10% Elemental damage.

Critical damage is only applied on criticals, as the name suggests. Elemental Damage is always applied. 

Example: 

Base damage: 100

Critical damage: 250%

Elemental damage: 108% (Base elemental damage)

On Crit: 100*1.08*2.5 = 270 dmg

No Crit: 100*1.08 = 108 dmg

Critical damage: 230%

Elemental damage: 119% (With Zakhan)

On Crit: 100*1.19*2.3 = 273.7  dmg

No Crit: 100*1,19 = 119 dmg

It's a slight increase for critical, but keep in mind that your non-crits are also increased.

Later on with Black Tower elemental accessories, you get buffs (almost constant +10% crit, and a party buff on boss that gives everyone 5% increased crit rate, more focus regen etc)

So yes, it's worth it to get elemental accessories.

Archived