sf vs bd and sin

Shukran

except git good suggestion which i am sure u are all expert here to say that i would like to understand how to beat, or bertter..how to fight evenly against BD.

they have:

initial close the gap that go directly on your back, so counter is useless, so free combo

they have a multiple strike close the gap that so, avoid counter and iframes.

they have HM block and their protection = 2 invulnerability skills.

they have the dot with sword that circle for free damage

they have a ranged grab that counter counter plus is not telegraphic.

they have a 360° counter + a 360° ranged counter + a 360° counter that stun when hit

they have massive damage with hm skill and rework of old skill that does multiple hits all together.

they have  the "new" (?) ranged sword attack that kd u regardless what u do.

they DON'T go out of stamina.

suggestions?

against SIN is the same concept and i laugh when some decent sin can do all he can/wants against me.

non telegraphic stun with swap positions.

stealth doesnt allow you to target more first hit 99% evade + iframes during stealth are silly (w.e.)

shitload of stuns

side to side tp to back non telegraphed

u counter? they swap with you

u attack? they counter stealth toy you.

suggestions?

14 hours ago, Shukran said:

If you mean jump + stun, no that can't hit anyone in the air, while SF can, so SF wins by a longshot here.

Have no idea what's 2nd one supposed to mean.

HM block is inferior to maelstrom in pvp. And maelstrom is only 2 sec. SF has 5 types of SS/Q/E dodgesteps. BD has 3.

"DoT with sword for free damage" - Whatever this is supposed to mean, I'll assume bladestorm which is incredibly hard to pull off on anyone who knows how it works.

Almost everything SF uses in PvP penetrates deflect and defense.

You're gonna have to be more specific about which HM skill is that

Soaring falcon's BD version has a much longer animation than the broken BM one, so it's easily dodged.

7 hours ago, Asuramon said:

If you mean jump + stun, no that can't hit anyone in the air, while SF can, so SF wins by a longshot here.

Have no idea what's 2nd one supposed to mean.

HM block is inferior to maelstrom in pvp. And maelstrom is only 2 sec. SF has 5 types of SS/Q/E dodgesteps. BD has 3.

"DoT with sword for free damage" - Whatever this is supposed to mean, I'll assume bladestorm which is incredibly hard to pull off on anyone who knows how it works.

Almost everything SF uses in PvP penetrates deflect and defense.

You're gonna have to be more specific about which HM skill is that

Soaring falcon's BD version has a much longer animation than the broken BM one, so it's easily dodged.

so: we both fly ; i attack in air doing about no damage but removing any kind of stamina movement, but i fall before you that still plane. i touch ground and u , BD air combo me with that attack that bypass you. longshot what.

like the KFM "C" skill, BD has a chain attack close the gap, i dont know why, but if i counter it and animation goes, BD doesnt care, go on, stun me and air combo.

HM block + that protection (i DO NOT know names of BD skills) >>>> self chi defense i dont get what u are talking about.

when bd locks you with flying swords dotting you, moreover there is a new attack that allows BD to hit u multiple time very fast (i think it was a rework of a skill before new skill tree)

so almost every attack i use sems to not penetrate because ranged attacks = 100% cc to me and melee often means cc to me.

i dont know what skill u referred with "You're gonna have to be more specific about which HM skill is that"

7 hours ago, Asuramon said:

For the sake of this conversation, and because it is getting a bit awkward, this is a useful site that can give you a basic idea of other classes' skill without having to actually play them https://bnstree.com/skill/BD

WOW. 

playing since january 2016..never seen such site.

for the sake of being not awkward.

but u know when u dont play such classes, reading just descriptions doesnt help.

Hey man, I've been playing on and off since January 2016 too and never played anything other than BD. This site helps a ton.

If there are skills giving you doubts... combat log in-game is very detailed about it, so you can learn the skill name from there and look it up on the site I linked earlier.

BDs use lightning build in 99,9% of cases. The skill similar to "KFM C" would be five-point strike. It hits 5 times and dazes on each, hit on dazed enemies launches them in the air. Since it's charging skill, frost/block approach will apply to it. Does not penetrate defense/deflect. If it keeps going as you mentioned it, BD had some sort of previously applied immunity.

The single sword flying around BD is a shield that last 5 seconds or 5 hits. Restores 10% hp or 15% in HM version. The flying swords dotting you can only happen during phantom grip which you can easily counter with (2) when grabbed. It requires a soul stab skill which has a very long animation and you can easily react to it.

The spin will stun you only if you hit 0,5 sec after it starts.  If you time it right your hits will go through but any CC other than knockdown/knock up won't apply.

The only HM skill BD has that's potentially OP is lightning draw. It guaranteed crits on knocked down/airborne enemies which in arena ranges from 6-8k. It changes them to draw stance which means unless they have a shield or start spinning afterwards they're completely defenseless. Spinning will switch them to basic stance.

What I've seen most SF use recently is spam ripple punch when BD is under frost. Other than that..... Try getting close, make them waste some iframes, then proceed to start your combo with leg sweep or howling blast.

BD hasn't gotten any new skills with this patch. They just made some of them available with lightning/wind damage.

On 4/18/2017 at 9:31 PM, ilovefredi1 said:

Should SF play with Frost or earth in pvp? 

That's entirely up to you. Earth offers more ground damage, while ice offers more aerial damage. Some match ups, it's probably easier to go earth, and for others ice is probably easier. Both are entirely viable against all classes, just depends on how you play it. The biggest changes between the two specs are your RMB and V (for both stances). 

• 3 weeks later...
On 18.4.2017 at 6:31 AM, ilovefredi1 said:

Should SF play with Frost or earth in pvp? 

Depends on your playstyle. I like ice way more than earth and am usually top 10ish in class rankings with sf. It offers you way more areal dmg while earth offers you ripple punch + whirlwind which is really hard to pull off against anyone with a brain. About groundgame both builds have the same exact amount of cc thus the reason why I dont understand someone saying earth has better groundgame. Plus ice builds frost storm that circles around you plus pulls (assasins) is some insane burst.

In 6v6 earth might actually be better.

Archived