Ping Issue

Killexcl

I have a decent computer that runs the game well and my internet net speed is quite fast, but still my ping is still 100 m/s which makes me often miss combos and such.

In other games my ping is around 40 and I have no issues, but when it comes to bns the ping is surprisingly high compared to other games. I'm not sure what the problem could be (my end or the servers) but I would like some help on a potential solution or that I have to deal with it. 

Most of us play in good coniditions with ~150 ms ping. When my ping is under 150 ms, game seems to be smooth enough (~170 ms is about a little DPS loss).

There is also a big difference in how your game behave between PvP and PvE. In arenas (1v1, 3v3), responsiveness is increased thank to optimizations that are not applied in PvE (Nagle TCP optimizations).

In game skill delay value is not just ping, it's ping + server skill calculation time. So 100 ms is indeed pretty good.

I recently had very different skill delay values for no reason I could see, and got a good impression on the impact for PvP:

<120 ms no problems

150ish anicancel damage lower

240+ iframing and combos impossibly bad in PvP

Once I reached 350 ms and felt as helpless as a baby =_=

In game skill delay value is totally misleading. For instance, i feel no difference between 90 and 130, when it reaches 140 i am unable to do ani-cancel. I checked why it was like that and noticed that when it showed 140 i was actually in a ping spike/packet loss and real ping around 500. When it showed 90 - 130, the real ping was between 70 - 100, when 140, it was 500 !

It's not actually about numbers, i tried out a ping booster. It increased my in-game ping to 140-150, but i was able to smoothly perform ani-cancel, because it eliminated spikes/packet losses. I am trying out another booster for two days, it keeps it between 80 - 130 and ironically it's worse than that 140-150.

Archived