Help me pick a class

Hi everybody,

I am new to this game but have played many others and was wondering which class you suggest I try

I have enjoyed the following:

• Melee with either a leap or some ranged abilitys.
  • a versatile class (not just tank/dps but can support a team)
  • no set rotation, I find classes with set rotations to be boring.
  • bouts of stealth (not necessary but a nice to have)

What I don't want:

• Pets, annoying.
  • healer, I kill thinks I don't heal them to death. 
  • to play Lyn, just no.

I would like something that is viable allover from pvp to Pve, I do play more casual but I raiding can be fun.

Kind regards,

ShadowShovel

22 hours ago, ShadowShovel said:

Let's see...bm, kfm, des, sf, sin...

*every class can dps. Bm and kfm have threat increasing (aggroing) abilities, but this is not a game where tanks eats damage to get healed. Every class deals dps on par with others, but have some unique rolles with that.

*every melee class has some ranged abilities, like leaping/charging/pulling/teleporting. Soulfighter is a half-melee half-ranged hybrid class.

*every class can support a team in its own way

- bm - party shield, projectile protection, tanking

- kfm - party buff, aoe ground buff, buff from searing palm on enemies, tanking

- des - grab  - allows use of some of the strongest skills for other party members on grabbed target, shielding and carrying half-dead party members

- sf - healing, ressurect

- sin - projectile protection, party buff, party teleporting, party stealth

*every class has that 1 or 2 usual rotations they use depending on the elemental build, while throwing the burst-long cooldown damage skills inbetween (or build up the conditions to use their burst skills). I suggest watching dps rotation guides for every class for both of their elements to decide which you prefer.

*same goes for pvp playstyles, it's better to check videos from competitive players

Side note, most player crying on forum here would tell you NOT to pick destroyer ("weak and partially useless". Oh, and "nobody wants them in raids") nor soulfighter (low party utility, doesn't do that well in pvp).

Popular Pvp stories:  kfm gets rekt by sins in pvp due to lack of non-targeting aoe skills

kfm is notorious for cc-100-0 3rf combo

sin is the most boring opponent (stalling until timer runs out)

sins can also be pretty good in cc-chip damage combo when played aggressively

bms and their infinite block

bms and their hack n slash dragontongue

I would recommend soulfighter with both ranged and melee abilites. They are dps and can support a team with revives and heals. Unfortunately they got heal and don't have any stealths which does not match your liking. I would say Soulfighter difficulty ranges from Easy to normal. Easy when you play Ice Soulfighter and Harder if you play Earth Soulfighter. You can always change your build as much as you want like masteries in league of legends. So you can try both types of soulfighters.

Another recommendation is Assassin which can support a team by stealthing the entire team to go through dungeon without being noticed and they can raise fighting spirit which increase all party members critical chance.

Assassin seems to tick most of your boxes. Melee with lots of ranged effects, good in PvP and PvE, versatile, stealth, no pets, no healing, no Lyn. :P

Never played a sin myself but they do say in PvP it's crucial to set up / initiate your combos well, and that if you drop it you sor tof have to start from scratch. Sins can do insanely long combos that take a while to get you from 100 to 0, but with good tech chase they are fearsomely inescapable. But there are also more bursting damage and toxic (DoT) play styles possible.

People say the learning curve is relatively high, though, like with KFM.

Archived