How many players have the ntdll.dll error when 64bit client cannot launch?

RyuueLaview

I have successfully run the beautiful 64bit client twice, randomly with no explanation. All other occurences have been with compatibility settings (xp3 does not launch on my win8.1) or failure to launch. In those failures I have this error in event viewer

[Faulting application name: Client.exe, version: 0.0.206.6339, time stamp: 0x588740ab
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.3.9600.18438, time stamp: 0x57ae642e
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f1b70
Faulting process id: 0x340
Faulting application start time: 0x01d284f40f5079d0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\bin64\Client.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]

Of note* the error is with the application failing to access the ntdll.dll [as I understand from here https://www.infopackets.com/news/9805/how-fix-ntdlldll-error-definitive-guide]

(mainly because I have fixed all corruptions (sfc,dism,diskerrorcheck,memorycheck), cleaned or found no viruses/malware, have run bns64 on administrator(separate) account, have updated drivers, have reinstalled at least 6 times/clean reinstall at least 3 times.

Anyone else have the same error? Have you fixed it/How?

44 minutes ago, Luna Latte said:

See if u can update or replace that ntdll with a newer or working version from dll files.com

I always do that when dll erros show up, they always seem to solve :)

Oh I did see that. But I was really worried it might be a virus or something in disguise

I found out (after refreshing windows T___T) that this 0x57 error is an error where the files get confused when the program switches from 32bit to 64bit. I tried deleting the 32bit bin folder and I let the launcher run and repair the files and the 64bit client finally launched. Hallelujah

8 hours ago, RyuueLaview said:

I found out (after refreshing windows T___T) that this 0x57 error is an error where the files get confused when the program switches from 32bit to 64bit. I tried deleting the 32bit bin folder and I let the launcher run and repair the files and the 64bit client finally launched. Hallelujah

deleted 32bit bin folder didn't help still get same error

Log Name:      Application
Source:        SideBySide
Date:          2/18/2017 5:34:32 PM
Event ID:      80
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      jurate-PC
Description:
Activation context generation failed for "d:\games\BnS\bin64\bsengine_Shipping64.dll".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4940_none_88df89932faf0bf6.manifest. Component 2: d:\games\BnS\bin64\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.MANIFEST.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="SideBySide" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49409">80</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-02-18T15:34:32.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>13695</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>jurate-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4940_none_88df89932faf0bf6.manifest</Data>
    <Data>d:\games\BnS\bin64\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.MANIFEST</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>d:\games\BnS\bin64\bsengine_Shipping64.dll</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

that's other error  that I found looking in my event viever looks like bns file, conflicting with windows file, just idk what to do , looked in internet and that Microsoft file looks like is something with c++

On 2/18/2017 at 1:57 AM, Doan said:

deleted 32bit bin folder didn't help still get same error

Hrm. It seems like your hunch is correct about the microsoft thing. Like the client wants a version that you are not running. (Probably redundant) hav u done a clean reinstall, sfc scannow, dism.exe...restorehealth? Might want to do a memory health check with windows trouble shooting too  

Archived