What is game guard for?

achika

14 minutes ago, Raiya said:

GG initially reinstalled itself on launching the game after i cleaned it out for me but when I shut it down and restarted it the second time it didn't to which I purged it with a vengence from my system files yet again....... Honestly I wish they would just admit at this stage it's not working for anyone and is causing more trouble and just remove it for good it's not like the cheaters already have a way around it at this stage.  Rootkit = Bad NC its just not worth antagonising a chunk of the playerbase over. I can only imagine the abuse the poor support guys are getting over this its prolly the reason why they pulled it for the THIRD time in a week.

It's weird it launches and downloads itself again though. Did they only want us to believe they pulled it? ^_-?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not convinced it's pulled. I removed the directories from both the 32bit and 64bit folders, the shared resources folder in Program Files/Common, cleared it out of my registry, deleted the files referenced in my system folders and restarted my computer. As soon as I launched the game it downloaded again, restored the registry and all deleted files and directories. I think they patched it to behave a bit differently.

Archived