Blue screen auto restart PC when launch bns after update

hektix

5 hours ago, Sirkku said:

Suffering from these total system freezes after gameguard loads and just before the splash-screen appears I tried deleting the gameguard folder as suggested by some user.

This resulted in gameguard being redownloaded and the splashscreen appearing and the game proceeding to start normally, however this worked exactly once only.

Trying to relaunch the game resulted in a freeze and deleting the gameguard folder to accomplish the same as before did nothing as well.

After another complete reinstall of the game and it launching after the installation was complete the game ran fine after getting past the gameguard splash-screen gap, but once again trying to relaunch it after exiting results in a freeze and crash.

I can't seem to find a consistent way of getting past the gap.

No, as far as I can tell.

1 SSD and 3 hard drives.

Yes.

Windows 10 pro 64bit.

@Sirkku The hang before the "splash" (as you called it - Nice name for it, bt'dubs!) is exactly what mine does.  It'll hang...  Sometimes the GUI goes away.  Sometimes if you try Ctrl+Alt+Delete it'll (the computer) get mad at you for trying to use that action just before it BSODs.

With the particular BSOD error I've been getting, it was thinking there was an issue with hardware (usually a memory issue with BSODs) or a software install.  The only install that's happened in the two weeks has been the BnS update.  So I ran the "chkdsk c: /r" and rebooted.  The scan went for about two hours - No issues and no fixes needed.

Definitely isolated to BnS folder content.  Even more likely within the "bin" folder ** C:/Program Files (x86)/NCSOFT/BnS/bin ** I think that's the right path... Going off memory atm, not at that computer.

Okey guys a Reddit user found a solution for the problem by uninstalling "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005". But after another the update the bsod was back.
What me and my girlfriend did was to replace her bin folder with my bin folder from my working bns client.

Try to replace the bin folder at "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS" with a working one, aswell as uninstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 and hopefully that will work for you guys.

Link to my bin folder: http://www.filedropper.com/bin2

i find a driver which cause the blue screen, when i unistalled it, b&s is back to works, than i reinstalled it and blue screen again.
Try to unistall the driver: "Asmedia SATA Controller Driver V3.1.6.0 for Windows 7 32bit & 64bit / 8.1 64bit / 10 64bit".
Tell me if this works

52 minutes ago, Micke said:

Okey guys a Reddit user found a solution for the problem by uninstalling "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005". But after another the update the bsod was back.
What me and my girlfriend did was to replace her bin folder with my bin folder from my working bns client.

Try to replace the bin folder at "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS" with a working one, aswell as uninstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 and hopefully that will work for you guys.

Link to my bin folder: http://www.filedropper.com/bin2

@Micke Yeah, I had the bin folder replacement work.  Until another update came out.  I'll try again in a few hours (once off work) to see if it works again.  Thanks for confirming that work around.

17 minutes ago, HeartRoxas said:

i find a driver which cause the blue screen, when i unistalled it, b&s is back to works, than i reinstalled it and blue screen again.
Try to unistall the driver: "Asmedia SATA Controller Driver V3.1.6.0 for Windows 7 32bit & 64bit / 8.1 64bit / 10 64bit".
Tell me if this works

So far this seems to have worked seeing as I had the exact same driver installed.

I have no idea how you found this out, but thanks a bunch.

Hey guys, i have a similar Problem, right after i made the update on wednesday at 11pm (i wasn't home) so i updated first after the emergency update, my pc froze for the first time right after that splashy picture appeared. After that i wasn't able to start it succesfully more than 2 times. It's freezing ingame or right after i'm closing it.

I tried to close firewalls and antivirus programs, closed all other programs , tried another bin file package, i did not use the 64 bit client.

I don't get a bluescreen. I've contacted the support but till now i only got one reply in which i was asked to do some checks (hijackthis und dxdiag).

I'm clueless.

None of the solutions have worked for me thus far, but upon deleting the entire bin folder and doing file repair I didn't get a BSOD but my pc just automatically restarted. Something really weird is going on with this game and my pc. Replacing the bin file with the posted one on the thread reverted my launch back to BSOD

57 minutes ago, hektix said:

None of the solutions have worked for me thus far, but upon deleting the entire bin folder and doing file repair I didn't get a BSOD but my pc just automatically restarted. Something really weird is going on with this game and my pc. Replacing the bin file with the posted one on the thread reverted my launch back to BSOD

@hektix - When you DL that bin file from the earlier reply and replace yours with it (overwriting it).  After you sign into the BnS launcher and it takes you to the window with the 'Play' button.  Do the file repair then.  See if that changes it.  If you already did it in that order and it's being janky.  I'm sorry. :(

I got it working.  Here's what I tried...

- I went ahead and removed the two C++ 2005's (regular and redistribute-able one)

- Then I restarted the computer and tried just that change - No dice.

- Then I went ahead and removed my "bin" folder and replaced it with the "bin" from a working game/client and since yesterdays update it came with a bin64.  When I tested that - No dice (after computer restart).

- Then I launched the client and signed in and did the launcher file repair - That worked.

- Quit the game, relaunched - Still works.

So it looks like it's going to be a combination of removing the C++ files (one or both if you have them) and then getting a good "bin" folder (may need the bin64 as well, that I didn't isolate) and to do a file repair from the client launcher.

GL y'all!

Hi there guuys ive been reading all your posts as im having the same problumes with the BSOD after the patch now i couldent find what you guuys are taking about sohere some pics can youu guys see or tell if theres any problems that would be causing the issue.YuMa812.pngbrROQ0Q.png

So I was wrong...  This is getting ridiculous.  C'mon B&S NA!

I did 5 login and logout attempts after last nights "fix".  Over night (period of 9 hours), it's gone back to being defective.  Did another file repair (just as that) and still failed.

I'm not even sure where to begin from here.  I know it's not my computer or software.  It's BnS content/bin folders.

By the way; @OctaviaChan we're looking in Windows Explorer for the various folders.  Your software/hardware looks fine.

6 hours ago, Hiroki Rinn said:

Finally submitted a ticket to NCSoft.  Let's see how "helpful" they can be as this shouldn't have even been an issue with geographic locations MONTHS a head of NA in content.

@Hiroki Rinn i wish you all the best with your ticket i put in a ticket on patch day when the problum started my self and am still waiting, also what what im starting to see is Ncsft telling ppl in short "To bad you cant play the game good luck' in automatend emails. I trully think they know the messed uup with this patch and are now just shrugging of ppl that are trying to get help from them 

Hi ya guys i just wont to give a MASSIVE that to All on this tread  for taking the time out to help me and others. Now swopping over the Sata cables worked and im able to play again so thank you thank you Derreavus and all others that pointed that out yous are all god sents <3

now if anyone else is having trouble try this out.

11 hours ago, Derreavus said:

So I was able to get around the blue screen, I had got into my computer and discovered that I plugged my drives into a port designed for non-atapi devices commonly designated with a e1, e2, etc at the end (I.E. SATA6G_E1), which isn't a problem for hard drives and SSDs (as they are ATAPI devices) though it seems that BNS is somehow turning off these ports.

I opened my computer and changed my hard drive cables around to a different port (ones that support ATAPI devices denoted like so SATA6G_X where x is the port number) and it works!

Please don't do what I did if you don't know what you are doing as I am not responsible for damages. I built my computer so I am very comfortable in my PC. I would also state that this may not work for everyone! I am merely just presenting what worked for me to hopefully help others in their quest to get around the BSOD on launch.

*Edit*

SSDs and hard drives run better on ATAPI ports as they are designed for raid and also CD/DVD/Blue ray drives.  Non-Atapi ports are meant for additional storage hard drives.

*Edit 2*

Information about the Sata Ports can be found in your Mother Board Manual

11 hours ago, Derreavus said:

Edited by OctaviaChan

I'm having the exact same problem.

Played the game a few days ago (on my WD Caviar Black) and all seemed okay

Got a 1Tb Samsung 840 Evo in the mail today, everything works perfectly but when I started Blade & Soul it gave me an update. Installed it, started the game, 'explorer.exe' starts acting weird (desktop icons disappear), few seconds later I am faced with the bluescreen (Critical_process_died) with a percentage bar that doesn't move from "0%".

What I've tried so far:

- Re-installing Nvidia drivers (trying v376.33 as well as v378.49) for my GTX 1070

- Uninstalling NCSoft Launcher and manually removing every trace from NCSoft from my drives, appdata and registry

- Check other drivers (no outdated ones found)

- Reinstalling Blade and Soul (with the NCSoft Launcher of course), waited 2 hours for the download to complete (but no luck this time either)

- Checked my Windows installation via "sfc /scannow" and "/DISM [...], no errors found on other disks either (SMART data is 100% 'GOOD')

All of the above in no particular order.

Configuration: 250Gb Boot drive, installed Blade & Soul on my new SSD (1Tb D-drive). My WD Black used to be secondary, I cloned the Black on the SSD and now the 840 is my D:\")

All I've been doing for the last 3 or so hours is trying to solve this Blade&Soul bluescreen-issue, Googling "Blade and soul critical process died" didn't yield any (useful) results. However, only now at 02:15 in the morning I found this thread by replacing the words "critical process died" to a less specific "Blade and soul bluescreen". I'm somewhat glad to see I'm not the only one, thanks to you all for trying to help resolve it.

*update*

This is a followup to my post earlier today

Removing the AsMedia driver (as proposed) did the trick (I was very tired that evening, I didn't realise this forum had 2 pages :') I only saw it after posting the other message.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! It got incredibly frustrating. 

Still don't quite get why Blade favors the Intel Sata's so much but hey, what do we know ;)

Have a nice day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

its so nice to know Im not the only person here with this issue...The game only worked once for me an now after that nothing. As soon as game guard loads BSOD..super annoying...FIX THIS!! I have even stop and uninstalled my Razer SDK..still nothing works I even changed the croma nothing..idk what to do...

• 3 weeks later...

I can confirm that Blade & Soul DOES have an issue, and is still present to this day.

Since the past 2 weeks I cannot play the game without it throwing a fit and spitting out a BSoD, and it's the same type every time (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED). This only happens with Blade & Soul. The list of games that do not cause BSoD are:

TitanFall 2

Hyper Universe

MxM

Fortnite

Paragon

Mass Effect Andromeda

Ghost Recon Wildlands

Overwatch

Heroes of the Storm

DOOM

No Man's Sky

Cuphead

Ruiner

List of games that DOES cause BSoD are:

Blade & Soul

Yes, just that ONE game.

I need to note that this has started happening after an update for the game during the month of September, the devs have done something to trigger a panic call in the Runtime Broker process. To go into details about the error; first signs of the BSoD coming up is the sudden loss of explorer.exe, followed by all processes shutting off one at a time until it finally gives the BSoD. The BSoD displays that it was creating a dump file where in reality it's actually doing nothing at all, attempting to press the reset button on the main PC itself just causes the PC to not respond at all, after which instead of restarting, it shuts down and does not respond to the power button for around 5 seconds. 

NCsoft, this is a pretty BIG problem. I have submitted a ticket containing this very same post here, please do not ignore this as it's actually something pretty serious.

• 2 months later...

Funny enough way back when this first happend to me I spent a good 3 months trying to figure out a fix before out of the blue I decided to do some random stupid idea, I opened up my computer and changed the connection from one port to another port on my graphics card, put everything together begged the gods and next thing I know Bns worked fine and now I'm back.