Forums

Blue screen auto restart PC when launch bns after update

hektix

Has anyone been having this issue, if so please help.

After I updated today on the launcher every time I try to launch the game the gameguard goes up and everything then freezes and I get a blue screen with a frown face saying "your pc has ran into an issue and needs to be restarted" - critical_process_died

I literally ran the game all day yesterday perfectly fine but since the update today I get this annoying shit every time I press play.

I can run other highly intensive graphic games perfectly fine, it only happens with bns.

I went as far as resetting windows and reinstalling. Same thing. I can run anything on my pc BUT bns.

your not the only one, I have been dealing with support since the servers came back online and seems even they are stumped so many different attempts to fix but nothing working yet, if you figure it out please reply back here, and I'll do the same if I find a fix.

9 minutes ago, hektix said:

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone rn I just renewed my premium the other day and I haven't even been able to get in once today :l

its not just us either

this came up and I been watching it since the downtime I have spent like 11 hours working on fixing this with support and on my own and I honestly have the slightest clue anymore.  probably couldn't hurt to send a support ticket yourself too maybe the more that give them info the better our odds of not missing the event to much.

Edited by kiboc

There has to be something in common with our installations or setups or something. I had the game fully installed via SSD earlier when this first started happening, then after resetting windows and reinstalling, it installed in my C drive by default, and still got the error. So likely not a drive issue but maybe a registry issue. If somehow something was uncarefully changed in the registry with this last update then the BSOD would make more sense. 

13 hours ago, hektix said:

Has anyone been having this issue, if so please help.

After I updated today on the launcher every time I try to launch the game the gameguard goes up and everything then freezes and I get a blue screen with a frown face saying "your pc has ran into an issue and needs to be restarted" - critical_process_died

I literally ran the game all day yesterday perfectly fine but since the update today I get this annoying shit every time I press play.

I can run other highly intensive graphic games perfectly fine, it only happens with bns.

I went as far as resetting windows and reinstalling. Same thing. I can run anything on my pc BUT bns.

Hey there Hektix im in the same boat my self its been 9 hours now and still no resolve. if you manage to find out why its happening befor i do can you please PM me the fix and if i do ill do the same for you also.

Sorry I haven't been able to get a solution. If I had some extra hardware laying around (ram, psu) I could get that out of the equation, but I'm very doubtful any of my hardware is even slightly bad. In the meantime I've accepted no bns and that I paid for premium I can't use until a solution is found. 

59 minutes ago, OctaviaChan said:

Hey there Hektix im in the same boat my self its been 9 hours now and still no resolve. if you manage to find out why its happening befor i do can you please PM me the fix and if i do ill do the same for you also.

I do want to note though that on several occasions upon launching Blade and Soul my pc has gone directly to a BSOD saying "your pc has run into an issue and needs to restart" with the reasons of "critical_process_died" or "unexpected_store_exception", just in case it can help anyone. I don't know how the client is causing these errors, but I'm fairly certain it is. As I mentioned before, I am able to run other high intensive games perfectly fine but since the update this has been happening with BnS.

I get a system issue and it kicks to blue screen to prevent damage to the computer *air quotes* but only happens since the anniversary patch.  I fixed it briefly by having the "bin" folder of another computer (where the game works) placed on my machine and then ran the file repair in the launcher.

But since this recent "update" it's broken again and I'm trying my 7th uninstall / reinstall. Yaaayyy... *sigh*

Yes, I'm removing all folders/archived content related to B&S and even re-downloading a fresh NCLauncher.exe

10 minutes ago, Hiroki Rinn said:

I get a system issue and it kicks to blue screen to prevent damage to the computer *air quotes* but only happens since the anniversary patch.  I fixed it briefly by having the "bin" folder of another computer (where the game works) placed on my machine and then ran the file repair in the launcher.

But since this recent "update" it's broken again and I'm trying my 7th uninstall / reinstall. Yaaayyy... *sigh*

Yes, I'm removing all folders/archived content related to B&S and even re-downloading a fresh NCLauncher.exe

@Hiroki Rinn dont worry mate i feel your pain its been 24 hours of trying to fix the same thing with support but still to no avale :( Pm me if you get it fixed and ill do the same if me and the team at Ncsoft work it out

I've tried everything and beyond what I can think of. Support is trying to help through my ticket but I assume all of you are getting the same run-through of trial and error.

I am at my wit's end, and I'm just going to leave it alone altogether until they figure out what the hell is going on.

All of our RAM sticks couldn't have just "went bad" mysteriously and coincidentally at the same time that NC implemented a new patch. Telling us that our hardware is the issue makes no sense.

A few questions for everyone...

Do you have your system drive showing as an ejectable drive?

How many drives do you have in your system?

Is your system drive on an SSD?

What is your Operating System?

Edited by Derreavus

1 hour ago, hektix said:

I've tried everything and beyond what I can think of. Support is trying to help through my ticket but I assume all of you are getting the same run-through of trial and error.

I am at my wit's end, and I'm just going to leave it alone altogether until they figure out what the hell is going on.

All of our RAM sticks couldn't have just "went bad" mysteriously and coincidentally at the same time that NC implemented a new patch. Telling us that our hardware is the issue makes no sense.

@hektix I agree, it wouldn't be our hardware, that's just lazy isolation imo.  I've got EVE Online, RO, SCII, HotS and a few other games that patch and work fine.  Something in their DLL files from the patch is causing windows to go "What the hell is going on?!  I need an adult!" and voila - BSOD.  And it seems to only have affected those who downloaded a sort of "bundle" patch.

My brother-in-law who was around all day Wednesday and got the server restarts and incremental patches; his game works and loads just fine.  His "bin" folder is what I used the other night and actually manage to get online.  After the "update" today, the issue reappeared.  I haven't had a chance to re-acquire his "bin" folder again to see if I can replicate a fix.

I'd rather not take the time to look through the 0x0000007A strings and find exactly what causes the BSOD; but maybe.

32 minutes ago, Derreavus said:

@Derreavus I personally have just one drive and it's a 512 SSD and it doesn't show as eject-able.  Also my BSOD dump has never finished.  I only have the patience to wait about 5 minutes for it. LOL

7 minutes ago, Hiroki Rinn said:

@hektix I agree, it wouldn't be our hardware, that's just lazy isolation imo.  I've got EVE Online, RO, SCII, HotS and a few other games that patch and work fine.  Something in their DLL files from the patch is causing windows to go "What the hell is going on?!  I need an adult!" and voila - BSOD.  And it seems to only have affected those who downloaded a sort of "bundle" patch.

My brother-in-law who was around all day Wednesday and got the server restarts and incremental patches; his game works and loads just fine.  His "bin" folder is what I used the other night and actually manage to get online.  After the "update" today, the issue reappeared.  I haven't had a chance to re-acquire his "bin" folder again to see if I can replicate a fix.

I'd rather not take the time to look through the 0x0000007A strings and find exactly what causes the BSOD; but maybe.

@Derreavus I personally have just one drive and it's a 512 SSD and it doesn't show as eject-able.  Also my BSOD dump has never finished.  I only have the patience to wait about 5 minutes for it. LOL

Okay to tag on an additional question what is your operating system?

Suffering from these total system freezes after gameguard loads and just before the splash-screen appears I tried deleting the gameguard folder as suggested by some user.

This resulted in gameguard being redownloaded and the splashscreen appearing and the game proceeding to start normally, however this worked exactly once only.

Trying to relaunch the game resulted in a freeze and deleting the gameguard folder to accomplish the same as before did nothing as well.

After another complete reinstall of the game and it launching after the installation was complete the game ran fine after getting past the gameguard splash-screen gap, but once again trying to relaunch it after exiting results in a freeze and crash.

I can't seem to find a consistent way of getting past the gap.

1 hour ago, Derreavus said:

No, as far as I can tell.

1 SSD and 3 hard drives.

Yes.

Windows 10 pro 64bit.

Edited by Sirkku

6 hours ago, Derreavus said:

Hey, to answer you I got a hd and ssd, the ssd shows ejectable but my os and bns are on my hdd. Before I reset windows wednesday night bns was installed on my ssd and the same issue. Running windows 10 home premium x64

27 minutes ago, hektix said:

Hey, to answer you I got a hd and ssd, the ssd shows ejectable but my os and bns are on my hdd. Before I reset windows wednesday night bns was installed on my ssd and the same issue. Running windows 10 home premium x64

same here