Cost/Benefit of Pouring Gold Into Alt

Asura777

I have a main currently barely at 650ap, and 3 lvl 50 alts that I haven't really bothered gearing (so around 400 >_>) the one I'm considering gearing is my WL since I'm just good at it for some reason and find it more enjoyable than the other 2. 

My question here is will putting gold into my alt allow be to make more gold? My current daily income is around 15-20g from my main since I do soguns, daily challenge, and a few 4 mans if I have time (haven't tried EC or Tomb yet), and sometimes I do CS and Necro on said alt. I have around 150g on me right now so if I put all that into my alt I can get it's ap up to around 450, and with another 100g or so I could hit 500. So do you guys think I'd be able to make more gold daily if I put some effort into gearing my alt or should I continue gearing my main to do more endgame content? 

You should gear up your main. With 650 ap, you should be able to do everything anyway (you might have trouble finding a foundry group but everything else should be no problem). If you main sin or kfm it's easier because people forget about ap more often if you play a buff class.

I dont think your gold income is correct. Sogun alone is ~ 8g without any bids. Add mushin tower 5-8 and 13-15 for another 7g or so. Masts and EC are also good because there you have 3 quests each (some gold + more exp). There are really many things you can do to get money. If it's only because of money, what about SSP or naksun? Daily Challenge itself doesnt give much money. You must be lucky to get even more than 1g so you wont get more money with more characters. Better do more stuff with your main if you want money.

I did daily challenge for fun today with my 550 ap alt and dude, it's no fun at all. People in 6 man dungeons are just frustrating most of the time. Do 4 man dungeons with your main, trust me, it's better for everyone.

1 hour ago, Zedonia said:

You should gear up your main. With 650 ap, you should be able to do everything anyway (you might have trouble finding a foundry group but everything else should be no problem). If you main sin or kfm it's easier because people forget about ap more often if you play a buff class.

I dont think your gold income is correct. Sogun alone is ~ 8g without any bids. Add mushin tower 5-8 and 13-15 for another 7g or so. Masts and EC are also good because there you have 3 quests each (some gold + more exp). There are really many things you can do to get money. If it's only because of money, what about SSP or naksun? Daily Challenge itself doesnt give much money. You must be lucky to get even more than 1g so you wont get more money with more characters. Better do more stuff with your main if you want money.

I did daily challenge for fun today with my 550 ap alt and dude, it's no fun at all. People in 6 man dungeons are just frustrating most of the time. Do 4 man dungeons with your main, trust me, it's better for everyone.

Well actually I dont really do naksun and mushin's tower right now >_> I failed naksun terribly when I had 600-ish ap and havent tried it since, by daily challenge I mean the 4 dungeons/quests I do from the list, didnt really count the 1g although I've gotten 100g like twice and 10g 4-5 times. I kinda like gambling so I do it anyways. My computer's extremely laggy when there are lots of people so I tend to shy away from ssp and msp, I mean I can configure settings not to lag but it's just not fun and too tedious relative to the rewards imo. 

Thanks for the advice tho ^_^ I'll try doing more 4 man dungeons for the bids and stuff, tho I should also probably learn EC and Tomb first >_>

I do recommend getting 1-2 alts in the 500/550 range just because it'll make events like this upcoming one really easy.  These events are getting difficult to one man it and get all the event currency on one character.

650AP is enough for current endgame content.  Yes, I know PUGs ask for crazy stuff, but you're at the point where you should be in a decent clan or perhaps find a clan to do end game content with.  Relying on F8 can only get you so far because of its high requirement.

Archived