Hardware changes for a better performance: Help!

Rashgarroth

Hello, guys!

I'm playing Blade and Soul from an old pc and want to do improvements to have a better fps in the game.

Generally, my pc is okay to other tasks I have to do, so I'm thinking about changing only for gaming (mainly bns).

So I have two questions. First of all, here is my computer:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-DS2 Socket FM2 Chipset AMD A55

Processor: AMD A6 5400k Trinity Dual-Core 3,6Ghz.

Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

Videoboard: Geforce GT 730.

HD: Seagate 120GB really old.

So, this is the stove I play. My first question is around another computer. My brother is living in another country and his computer is here, not being used. This is the computer:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Socket AMD 3+

Processor: AMD FX-8520 Octa-Core 3.Ghz.

Memory: Same as mine.

Videoboard: Onboard Radeon HD 5450.

HD: none.

The first question is: Is it worth to get his motherboard and processor, then use'em with my GT 730? Would it increase my FPS?

The second question is: What would be the better thing to change now, motherboard? Processor? Memory? HD? Video?

Thanks for the help, any suggestion will be really appreciated!

Obs: I dont have much money to spent, so economical choices please! xD

Ya, alil, maybe? not much really, his CPU is newer then yours but not that much better considering this game won't gain much from the 8 cores vs 2 cores.

His memory is most likely faster so may gain some performance there.

How economical? you could do a budget build i5+MB and ram for $400~ then get new vid card and SSD/HDD later

USD i5's run around $200, $100~ MB, $60-80~ for memory. May need a new PSU depending on whats in your boxes. Cases haven't changed much in 15years or so, so nothing to worry bout there unless you go with super small MB your case may not have the mounts. Once you get over the Hump of new CPU+MB+RAM the rest can be pieced together cheaply over time.

Archived